DVDVR Message Board

Liv Your Truth - Raw - 12/30/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Has WWE ever not made a wedding angle that wasn’t entertaining?!  They should do these every week honestly.  They’re so stupid and entertaining and unlike anything else on TV really.  

And if Liv can leech off any of Rusev’s Heat from this, she’ll be among the Top 5 most over women on the roster.  

Man Rusev is just bulletproof.  No matter how dumb the angle, how awkward the delivery, no matter who wins, he always comes out of it white hot.  He should challenge Lesnar next week because he could lose and still come out of it more over.  

• Like 2

Just now, odessasteps said:

Would probably still put the Kane/Lita wedding at the top of the list, especially classical Kane theme and Trish. 

I put Kane/Lita at #2 behind Savage/Liz. For wrestling weddings, nothing tops Jake, Taker, and Paul Bearer crashing the reception. The cobra in the box was just the epitome of evil.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Fuck off, Joey. There are so many other reasons why millennials don’t care. So many reasons. 

I'll give you that but take that out and the sentences before that have some truth to it. 

Charlotte/Natalya was great. Styles/Orton seg was some good pro wrestling. That's about all I got.

Even though it just happened this year, they had me totally down for a 4 month build to another Orton/Styles Mania match. Especially since their match 2 weeks ago was killer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'll give you that but take that out and the sentences before that have some truth to it. 

100%. Which is why I edited it and backed off. I read it as the wedding segment alone being explanatory for why they lack millennial enthusiasm. Which is a dumb way to read it and I responded dumbly. 

I had a couple drinks while enjoying a wrestling wedding. My bad. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

100%. Which is why I edited it and backed off. I read it as the wedding segment alone being explanatory for why they lack millennial enthusiasm. Which is a dumb way to read it and I responded dumbly. 

I had a couple drinks while enjoying a wrestling wedding. My bad. 

Eh, me too but it's all good. Though I should have saved my liver for NYE.

• Like 1

"A kick ass brawl in the streets of New York". Yeah, watched by cast and crew and random passersby outside who were probably walking home from work wondering why someone was filming a fight with actual cameras instead of cell phones. 

The Lanas would be a fun gimmick, they can all rat-pack the non-blondes. Real Lana can use them as cannon fodder when Charlotte comes after them because she wasn't allowed in. Lacey can be the "enforcer". 

Vince would read that and immediately go

giphy.gif

Aleister/Buddy looked like a man fighting himself if you squint real hard. I'm still amazed by how shitty really good tattoos can look on people every time I see Aleister.

33 minutes ago, caley said:

Man Rusev is just bulletproof.  No matter how dumb the angle, how awkward the delivery, no matter who wins, he always comes out of it white hot.

Did you catch the very end with his reaction to being slapped? That was perfect. 

redirect-1759.jpg

Oh man... while I was looking for that I found this

eeca21e8-feec-51ad-8753-3657371e1aaf_400

We talk some shit about WWE shirts but that one takes the cake. 

EDIT: No pun intended

Edited by Curt McGirt

God I loved that wedding. It was bad then turned weird then ended great. The most WWE thing I've seen this year. Lana making out with Lashley and his makeup smearing all on her face was the highlight. Lashley suit was on point.

Liked the Alister/buddy match and Joe kicking ass. Looking forward to next week's Raw.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I put Kane/Lita at #2 behind Savage/Liz. For wrestling weddings, nothing tops Jake, Taker, and Paul Bearer crashing the reception. The cobra in the box was just the epitome of evil.

And while I don't think the Vachon wedding is necessarily better, it has a level of anarchy that will never ever be seen again on WWE TV. It's like a Muppets segment. 

• Like 1

if you really think about it, the Rusev/Russian thing was actually a few years early. 

Also, the whole "domestic violence" thing is actually something with definitions.. so unless Liv and Lana are living together in storyline, the only way it's DV is if what they did in storyline is considered being partners.

"The crowd died because they fought each other" - all things considered, the crowd was building up a hope in their minds that Lana was about to kiss Liv Morgan because it's a crowd treating this like it's Springer.

One more thing, Joey Ryan might be one of the worst possible messengers of indignation on this topic. Hand off the topic to somebody who hasn't worked intergender matches.

36 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

if you really think about it, the Rusev/Russian thing was actually a few years early. 

I'm happy they haven't made those characters a response to the 2016 election. The Americans lucked into it by being a show about Russian spies that started a few years too early, and even they never steered into the skid. I know we shouldn't hold wrestling to too high a standard, but fuck all of that. We already have enough lazy "art" about Trump and Putin. I don't need it in my wrestling. 

• Like 1