DVDVR Message Board

Liv Your Truth - Raw - 12/30/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I haven’t watched a lot of Raw lately. Is Drew’s Sexy Scotsman bit a thing? 

Since last week, yes. Drew Mac is now a wittier killer, which I kinda like. He talks shit pretty well so why not let him do that and still murk dudes.

• Like 1

The opening segment with Joe coming down to whoop ass as nice.

Charlotte/Nattie was solid.

The Orton/AJ segment felt a little long and went about where I expected. Didn't hate it.

I skipped OC vs. SP though the segment before leading in was decent enough. The backstage promo after was the usual SP weirdness which is awkward and kind of amusing though also still a little long.

Andrade/Ricochet would have done more for me if Ricochet was half dead after the backdrop into outside.

Wasn't expecting the overrun so everything cut off for me after the first guy came in. I've been mostly skipping this Rusev/Lana/Lashley saga anyways.

Also, I hate wedding angles. There's never been one I liked. Not Liz/Macho and not all of the other stupid fucking wedding angles that followed. The only one that was remotely good or funny was the one from Impact (it may have still been TNA at the time).

Liv is fucking deader that disco too. Holy shit. Coming out as a dancing dinosaur would be an upgrade over this garbage.

But hey, Street Profits won, Montez is the fucking bomb y'all, and Black vs Murphy ruled.

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Since last week, yes. Drew Mac is now a wittier killer, which I kinda like. He talks shit pretty well so why not let him do that and still murk dudes.

A personality transplant is what Drew’s always needed. Hope it works.  He has everything else. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

I've said since the beginning of this, I'm not usually a fan of these extra soap opera type angles especially involving real life couples breaking up on screen but atleast Lashley and Rusev get to show their personalities. Whenever they move on from this I hope they let him stay a top heel. Liv is my crush,  people been complaining about her being off TV,  well now is back. We'll see how this goes. I like Rusev,  Lashley and Liv my concern is how they use them after the move on from this. I hope Lashley carries this well enough for Heyman to push to He vs Brock. I still want that match

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Could Twitter be more terrible? People are actually reacting, "Why didn't Sonya get this angle?"

Folks, Sonya Deville dodged a major league bullet here that she's not in such a storyline.

Do people think she'd want to be part of an angle portraying lesbians as a trash freakshow that was pase 20 years ago?

• Like 2

This is how you do a wedding angle. Easily one of the best things TNA ever did (low bar, I know, but this is too good).

EDIT: Laurel Van Ness still cracks me up for he role in this.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Could Twitter be more terrible? People are actually reacting, "Why didn't Sonya get this angle?"

Folks, Sonya Deville dodged a major league bullet here that she's not in such a storyline.

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

Do people think she'd want to be part of an angle portraying lesbians as a trash freakshow that was pase 20 years ago?

Her and Mandy seem more confused than disappointed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Also, I hate wedding angles. There's never been one I liked. Not Liz/Macho and not all of the other stupid fucking wedding angles that followed. The only one that was remotely good or funny was the one from Impact (it may have still been TNA at the time).

Liv is fucking deader that disco too. Holy shit. Coming out as a dancing dinosaur would be an upgrade over this garbage.

But hey, Street Profits won, Montez is the fucking bomb y'all, and Black vs Murphy ruled.

Only wedding I liked is when Eric Bischoff played the priest at Billy and Cuck's wedding on Smackdown from September 2002.

• Like 1

Can only speak for myself, but the batshit insane wedding angle was a lot more entertaining than that awkward ass brawl with Tessa and Sami.

EDIT: Referencing that Impact tweet from Natural's post, obviously.

Edited by APO
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Billy and Cuck's

Typos are fun, mate. ?

I know I bitched about the Lana stuff but while it may be the beer talking I admit to being morbidly entertained by the wedding. If you're gonna go trashy go all the way with it. I'll turn my brain on tomorrow but for now I'm just gonna laugh at all this. Besides, we had some damn good tonight between Black/Murphy and Ricochet/Andrande preceeding it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1