4:35pm - Buffalo @ Houston (-3½)

8:15pm - Tennessee @ New England (-4½)

Sunday - NFC Wildcards

1:05pm - Minnesota @ New Orleans (-6)

4:40pm - Seattle (-1) @ Philadelphia

---

In the AFC the #1 seed is Baltimore, #2 is Kansas City

In the NFC the #1 seed is San Francisco, #2 is Green Bay

Texans get the Saturday afternoon Wildcard game, as is tradition.

This is the way.

Texans have a pattern of LWW repeating all year. That means, since we lost yesterday, that the Texans will beat the Bills this week, beat the Ravens, then humiliate themselves in the AFC Championship game. 

this is the way.

• Haha 1

Football is no less of a work just because last night my preferred team happened to be booked to win.

Fuck that overbooked clusterfuck mess of a last three minutes of SF @ SEA.  Not being able to post about it on DVDVR was a misery, welcome back Board.

Maybe they are going with the Brady vs Jimmy G "mentor vs apprentice" storyline after all.  It'd be great for super obvious Star Wars tie ins and cross-promotion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Prediction: Buffalo will hold the Texans to under 17 points. Meanwhile they will score 3. Maybe they will get one big hope spot in the 4th quarter that gets thee to 10 before their D collapses of exhaustion.

Edited by piranesi

On 12/30/2019 at 8:47 AM, Lawful Metal said:

Texans get the Saturday afternoon Wildcard game, as is tradition.

This is the way.

Texans have a pattern of LWW repeating all year. That means, since we lost yesterday, that the Texans will beat the Bills this week, beat the Ravens, then humiliate themselves in the AFC Championship game. 

this is the way.

Bills will blow out Houston, completely shutting down the passing game and having Watson running for his life.

Y’know, if the Bills were playing anyone else, I’d probably be rooting for them. They totally ruined me in 93, but I really don’t hold that against them. 

And Bills Mafia are entertaining, so there. If you beat us, the least you can do is beat the Ravens or Pats in the next round.

(and yes, Watson will probably be running for his life, but you don’t want that)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Plus you have to blame someone besides the obvious elephant in the room that giving Kirk Cousins all the money might have been a terrible decision

If only Kirk Cousins was the Minnesota Vikings' biggest problem. . .

• Like 1

Any predictions?  I'm going to refrain from predicting the divisional round but I'll take a stab at the wild card round.  

Texans 20,   Bills 16.   I think this has to be a low scoring affair.  I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bills squeak out a win but I like the Texans to make enough plays on offense to take care of business. 

Patriots 24,  Titans 17. I don't love the Pats offense right now but I also don't like how a lot of pundits have them dead and buried. Pats are home and it will be a crazy crowd.  I like the Titans to keep it close and think Henry will make a few plays in the run game but this Pats defense will wake up and Ryan Tannehill on the road,  I don't like those odds. he's been GREAT but this week he turns into a pumpkin.  Brady finds a way to put some points on the board.  

Saints 38,  Vikings 27.  Saints in the dome.  That's all I got. I think the Vikings will score and will move the ball well but I don't envision them doing much to stop Brees and that offense at home. Thomas will have a big game. 

Seahawks 23,  Eagles 13.  Eagles have done a tremendous job even getting this far with all the injuries they've had.  These two teams had a low scoring game earlier in the season.  I expect the Philly crowd to turn up obviously and I can see them keeping it close,  maybe even taking a lead into the half.  Something like 10-7.  But Wentz does not have much to work with here and the longer the game goes Russ will settle it down and move the ball enough to pull away. 

I have the same winners as NinersFan.

Expect the Bills to lose by more than four, because their offense sucks and they beat up on the biggest group of nothings since the invention of the zero this year to get that record. I basically expect a replay of their last playoff game against Jacksonville, just a large turd of a game for anyone who does not cheer for either team. 

The only game this weekend I think could be exciting is Minnesota-New Orleans, if the Vikings get off to a fast start. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

I’m feeling adventurous so put some money on the Bills and a same game parlay of John Brown over 61.5 yards, John Brown anytime TD scorer, and Deandre Hopkins anytime TD scorer. 

Expect it to finish Houston 6 - 3 over Buffalo then.