DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL Draft - 4/23 - 4/25/20

Gonzo

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

I really hope that he tells the Bengals, "you can draft me, but I'm not showing up."  Honestly, in a perfect world every #1 pick would do that.  

Should picks 2-10 also do that considering that of all those teams the Bengals have the most playoff appearances of the past decade (and I think you could go up to 12 with the Jets and Raiders)?

Washington is dropping a LOT of hints that they're going to take Tua at #2.

This makes me laugh for many reasons.  Because if Young or Simmons is there at 5, I'll happily take him and get Love at 18. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Washington is dropping a LOT of hints that they're going to take Tua at #2.

This makes me laugh for many reasons.  Because if Young or Simmons is there at 5, I'll happily take him and get Love at 18. 

There is no way Young got past the Giants

Of course I could easily see Young being there at 4 and this being the year the Giants trade back

30 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

If Washington takes Tua, I highly doubt Detroit passes on Young.

Yeah, I'd be stunned if they passed on him.  

MGM has announced that they are shutting down all of their Vegas properties starting on 17 March.

The Bellagio, where the stage for the NFL Draft was going to be set up, is an MGM property.

So it would appear that, at the very least, the Draft isn't going to be in Vegas anymore, unless they plan on delaying it for a while.

There's no real reason for the draft to be anywhere in particular. Just get the commissioner or whoever at a podium or desk and have teams select players remotely. Don't being the kids and their families or have an audience or anything. It'll be boring, but, you know, more important shit.

Or just postpone everything.

• Like 2

Since the new League year started on time - they aren't gonna postpone the draft

But there is no reason it can't be done all virtually outside of the NFL stubbornly wanting the PR of people hugging Goodell

• 2 weeks later...

The Miami Herald is reporting that the Dolphins want to trade up to #1. I am sure that is all your shocked faces

Also - Jason La Canfora is insistent that the Skins want to trade back because they have "fallen in love with Isaiah Simmons"

Because that strategy always works out well. WE WANT TO TRADE BACK FOR THIS SPECIFIC PERSON!!! EVERYONE PLEASE WORK WITH US!!

• Haha 2

I finally went and changed the draft order to reflect Indianapolis and Buffalo trading their first round picks.

There are now five teams with multiple first round picks: Miami (5, 18, 26), Jacksonville (9, 20), Oakland (12, 19), San Francisco (13, 31), and Minnesota (22, 25)

There are six teams without a first round pick: Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Los Angeles Rams, Buffalo, and Houston

Edited by Gonzo

On 3/31/2020 at 12:51 PM, RIPPA said:

The Miami Herald is reporting that the Dolphins want to trade up to #1. I am sure that is all your shocked faces

Circling back here, apparently Bengals fans have been smoking crack and/or meth in isolation because they seem to be convinced the Dolphins are going to give them all three of their first rounders this year AND both 1’s next year too.