DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

1 hour ago, MavsFan77 said:

(as a Giants fan I’d love it if they blow fifty million per on such a crap QB, but I know they won’t).

So you want him to keep beating the Giants?!*

*And soon to be fka Redskins to be fair

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

So you want him to keep beating the Giants?!*

*And soon to be fka Redskins to be fair

Once Daniel Jones gets even better he won’t keep beating The Giants. Plus it’s more the rest of the team than it is Rayne Dakota. ? He’s not a good QB (I’d be curious how many posters here would try saying he’s in the top 10, which is a debate I heard on tv earlier).

16 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

Once Daniel Jones gets even better he won’t keep beating The Giants.

Once unicorns shit PopTarts, but everyone can wish right. Since the Giants and WSH keep giving Dak an automatic 3 or 4 wins on the schedule, he's gonna getting paid eventually.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

On 7/3/2020 at 3:49 PM, supremebve said:

I'm in a group chat with a bunch of friends and when the senators knelt wearing kente cloth, we were joking back and forth about ridiculous things white people were going to do in the name of solidarity.  My friends laughed their asses off when I suggested the NFL would play "Lift Every Voice and Sing," before games.  Being that I saw this coming, I'm going to go the Dionne Warwick route and start a psychic hotline.  Anyone want to know the future?  I'll tell you exactly what you want to know for the low price of $59.99 per minute.

I wish I could afford your hotline, but being poor I'm going to have to call the Joe Pedecino line for $3.99 a minute. 

(RIP Joe) 

19 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Once unicorns shit PopTarts, but everyone can wish right. Since the Giants and WSH keep giving Dak an automatic 3 or 4 wins on the schedule, he's gonna getting paid eventually.

What are you on? He’s 5-3 against the Giants in his career. That’s far from winning two games every year. And the funny part is the year everyone bragged he went 13-3 who were two of his losses against? Oh wait that’s right, the New York Football Giants. 

So yeah some team might be dumb enough to pay him, but that doesn’t make him a good let alone a great QB. 

4 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

What are you on? He’s 5-3 against the Giants in his career. That’s far from winning two games every year.

What are YOU on? He's 6-2. He went 0-2 in 2016. He won every game since:

9/10/17 - 19-3

12/10/17 - 30-10 @NYG

9/16/18 - 20-13

12/30/18 - 36-35 @NYG

9/8/19 - 35-17

11/4/19 - 37-18 @NYG

That's three straight seasons.

9 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

What are YOU on? He's 6-2. He went 0-2 in 2016. He won every game since:

9/10/17 - 19-3

12/10/17 - 30-10 @NYG

9/16/18 - 20-13

12/30/18 - 36-35 @NYG

9/8/19 - 35-17

11/4/19 - 37-18 @NYG

That's three straight seasons.

Okay I misread one of the 2017 games. Whoopie. The stats still don’t lie (the ones that show he played like a crap QB against teams with a winning record last season) so there’s no way unless Jerry has a total brain fart that he gets paid what you’re claiming he’s worth. 

EDIT - Whoops, hit post too soon.

In the story - Trotter talks to 8 different players for their opinions. Jared Goff, Richard Sherman and Larry Fitzgerald are three that I remember off the top of my head.

4 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

Okay I misread one of the 2017 games.

You misread? Have you been a Giants fan for all of two seasons?! You probably should know that you haven't beat your biggest division rival in three consecutive seasons as a fan of the team. The games are in primetime a good portion of time even if the actual teams aren't very good.

5 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

so there’s no way unless Jerry has a total brain fart that he gets paid what you’re claiming he’s worth. 

Where did I give what I think he's worth? I don't give a damn what NFL players get paid or who pays them. All I said is part of the reason why he is going probably getting paid top dollar is he continues to donkeypunch Washington and NYG. You said for some reason that's not automatic wins when Dak as a starter is 13-3 (imagine if Dallas only played those two teams as that would get no least than a #2 seed every year) combined against those two teams. That's pretty automatic considering it's 6-2 against your shitty team and 7-1 against the other shitty team. If you continue to get 4 wins AUTOMATICALLY every season inside the division (no matter how a big pretender the team is), you are in race to win the division EVERY YEAR unless someone else (i.e. Philly) somehow runs the table AND get to 12 or 13 wins overall consistently. However, it's the NFC East so it's very unlikely. 

Moreover, you were advocating (as a Giants fan?....which again is weird since he's dominated the Giants since the aforementioned rookie season and some of those weren't even close) AND at the same time not advocating for him to get paid. If you're a Giants fan anyway, it shouldn't matter what's he getting paid. Apparently, you should more concerned about Giants ownership putting together better teams so you won't get swept by a "shitty" quarterback back-to-back-to back seasons.

39 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:You misread? Have you been a Giants fan for all of two seasons?! You probably should know that you haven't beat your biggest division rival in three consecutive seasons as a fan of the team. The games are in primetime a good portion of time even if the actual teams aren't very good.

Where did I give what I think he's worth? I don't give a damn what NFL players get paid or who pays them. All I said is part of the reason why he is going probably getting paid top dollar is he continues to donkeypunch Washington and NYG. You said for some reason that's not automatic wins when Dak as a starter is 13-3 (imagine if Dallas only played those two teams as that would get no least than a #2 seed every year) combined against those two teams. That's pretty automatic considering it's 6-2 against your shitty team and 7-1 against the other shitty team. If you continue to get 4 wins AUTOMATICALLY every season inside the division (no matter how a big pretender the team is), you are in race to win the division EVERY YEAR unless someone else (i.e. Philly) somehow runs the table AND get to 12 or 13 wins overall consistently. However, it's the NFC East so it's very unlikely. 

Moreover, you were advocating (as a Giants fan?....which again is weird since he's dominated the Giants since the aforementioned rookie season and some of those weren't even close) AND at the same time not advocating for him to get paid. If you're a Giants fan anyway, it shouldn't matter what's he getting paid. Apparently, you should more concerned about Giants ownership putting together better teams so you won't get swept by a "shitty" quarterback back-to-back-to back seasons.

I’ve been a fan for years, but honestly as bad as they’ve sucked the last few years in particular I couldn’t tell you off the top of my head who they’ve beat every season. So yeah I had to look it up last night, and I misread one of the 2017 games. 

And why do you keep replying if you a) aren’t some moronic Cowboys homer or b) a jackass that’s riding Dak’s jock? 

Actually you know what I don’t care either way. You’re going on block as you’re clearly a tool, and you don’t know shit about good Quarterback play, or who should get paid.

Dude, you can't say this...

6 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

Actually you know what I don’t care either way. You’re going on block as you’re clearly a tool, and you don’t know shit about good Quarterback play, or who should get paid.

and this...

16 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

Once Daniel Jones gets even better he won’t keep beating The Giants. Plus it’s more the rest of the team than it is Rayne Dakota. ? He’s not a good QB (I’d be curious how many posters here would try saying he’s in the top 10, which is a debate I heard on tv earlier)

and expect people to take you seriously.  

Dak Prescott has shown more as an NFL quarterback than Daniel Jones showed as a college quarterback.  Dak is probably going to get paid a boatload.  You know why, because he's better than pretty much anyone else they can expect to get to replace him.  Sure, they can try to replace him with a rookie, but a rookie is a lotto ticket.  Dak might not be one of those huge record setting jackpots, but his draft pick was a winning ticket.  There is no reason whatsoever to believe that they can immediately find a better option at quarterback, so they should pay him.  Sure, it is going to cost more than they want to pay, but them bitches ain't broke, they can afford it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Dude, you can't say this...

and this...

and expect people to take you seriously.  

Dak Prescott has shown more as an NFL quarterback than Daniel Jones showed as a college quarterback.  Dak is probably going to get paid a boatload.  You know why, because he's better than pretty much anyone else they can expect to get to replace him.  Sure, they can try to replace him with a rookie, but a rookie is a lotto ticket.  Dak might not be one of those huge record setting jackpots, but his draft pick was a winning ticket.  There is no reason whatsoever to believe that they can immediately find a better option at quarterback, so they should pay him.  Sure, it is going to cost more than they want to pay, but them bitches ain't broke, they can afford it.

I agree Jones wasn’t very good in college (and honestly I didn’t want the Giants to draft him), but by the end of last season he was showing signs of improvement. So if he can (which I’m hopeful for) keep improving going forward the Giants will be able to beat Dallas. 

Now I agree they’re not broke, and they’ve got more out of Dak than what they’ve paid him for sure. But to act like he’s someone worth being paid like a top 5 QB is a bit much (I know you’re not doing that, I’m just saying he’s not worth that). He’s overplaying his hand by not taking their previous offer that was supposedly 180 million over 5 years. Do you think he should honestly get 40+ million a year? To me the previous offer was more than fair since the only QB with a contract on the books for more than that is Mahomes, and then Deshaun Watson will get more too, but he should. Anyone suffering with Bill O’Brien deserves 40+.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Because QB Wins is always the best metric to use to discuss a QB's worth...

So what metric shows him being worth top 5 QB money? And no the fact he’s got paid like a fourth round pick shouldn’t be part of the argument. We can all name five QBs with ease that are better than him, that would make the Cowboys better, and that would get them further in the playoffs. Plus if he hit the open market teams wouldn’t break the bank for him (which to me is the best metric to use). 

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That’s just being a Manning. Hell how many millions did Peyton make, and he’ll shill for any company too. As long as neither of them go on a Drew Brees like tirade in the media I think it’s brilliant that they get all the money they can.  

1 minute ago, MavsFan77 said:

I agree Jones wasn’t very good in college (and honestly I didn’t want the Giants to draft him), but by the end of last season he was showing signs of improvement. So if he can (which I’m hopeful for) keep improving going forward the Giants will be able to beat Dallas. 

Now I agree they’re not broke, and they’ve got more out of Dak than what they’ve paid him for sure. But to act like he’s someone worth being paid like a top 5 QB is a bit much (I know you’re not doing that, I’m just saying he’s not worth that). He’s overplaying his hand by not taking their previous offer that was supposedly 180 million over 5 years. Do you think he should honestly get 40+ million a year? To me the previous offer was more than fair since the only QB with a contract on the books for more than that is Mahomes, and then Deshaun Watson will get more too, but he should. Anyone suffering with Bill O’Brien deserves 40+.

Is a top 5 quarterback available?  No?  Then you pay who you have, because he's better than anyone else you can get.  If you look at the top 5 highest paid quarterbacks, especially before yesterday, it isn't exactly a murderer's row of quarterbacking.  It's a bunch of dudes who you can't let walk.  That's the game.  

37 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

I’ve been a fan for years, but honestly as bad as they’ve sucked the last few years in particular I couldn’t tell you off the top of my head who they’ve beat every season. So yeah I had to look it up last night, and I misread one of the 2017 games. 

And why do you keep replying if you a) aren’t some moronic Cowboys homer or b) a jackass that’s riding Dak’s jock? 

You're a strange little man. You're a strange little man who has this weird sentimentality about people getting paid because we already went through this in the MMA forum. Sidenote: What makes it worse is the UFC actually did pony up the money proving that you in fact have no clue what you're talking about. Did your state lower the minimum wage rate to the point where you get this irrationally angry about pro athletes making money? Did some quarterback or wide receiver in high school pork your sister? Dude, the money doesn't belong to you. Let it go. Moreover, Jerry Jones has overpaid players starting with Tony Romo and then you go to Zeke and D-Law.  So it's not like anyone is fantasy booking Jerry Jones overspending. This is typical of him.