DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

That is why it amuses me even more regarding college football

BTW - tangent to that

Apparently if there is no college football this year (but somehow NFL) - ESPN will use Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit for MNF

Dont think the NFL was spared yesterday from the positive COVID test news

2 Tampa Bay players along with 1 coach and 2 assistants

1 Niner also tested positive

On 6/20/2020 at 6:49 PM, RIPPA said:

The NFLPA has recommended to players that they should not be working out privately together

I am sure the players will listen

This is probably unsafe.  Seriously, the way NFL players lift, they probably need at least one other experienced person of comparable strength around as a spotter.  Sure they may have a trainer, but I imagine they've been working out with teammates since high school.

• Like 2

While I am sure that was part of what they were talking about - it wasn't specific to the "hey lets go lift together" situations

Like the example stated in the story - 20 Cardinal players were headed to Arizona so they could practice with Kyle Murray

Or there was just a video from a day or two ago with Tom Brady throwing to his receivers

Basically what the memo stated was - We only want you doing football related activities in official team facilities... once we figure out how to keep those clean

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix wasn't expecting actual bears to stalk him after he left the team.

Bears are fascinating creatures to me. Enormously powerful and ferocious, and yet such complete ninnies at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

So apparently Jack Del Rio REALLY likes Trump.   And as you can tell this is going greatly in my area ?

I mean I wasn't surprised by it. What I was surprised by...

less and less people biting their tongues anymore

The NFL will allow teams to sell camera-visible signage to local sponsors for the first time, Ben Fischer of the Sports Business Journal reports.

The plan, a way for teams to defray pandemic-related revenue losses, was shared with team presidents Tuesday, according to Fischer.

The first six to eight rows in every stadium, including on-field suites, are off limits to fans this season in order to protect players, coaches and team staff from COVID-19 exposure. It also provides sponsorship opportunities.

Tarps, potentially with sponsor logos, will cover those lower-level seats, per Fischer. English Premier League teams repurposed empty seating sections for ads during return to play last week.

Owners will hear the plan at a Thursday meeting.

Restrictions will protect league sponsors, but certain exceptions may be in play for competitive categories, Fischer reports.

Currently, only sideline sponsors such as Microsoft, Bose, Gatorade and Oakley have highly visible TV exposure. The NFL prohibits all others from displaying signage below 40 feet of the playing surface.

Remember how many, many moons ago, the Pats got all huffy because a film crew of theirs was taping another team's sidelines "for a documentary"?  

Yeah, well the NFL didn't buy it either.  They were fined over $1m and have lost a 2021 3rd round pick.

• Like 1