DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

On 6/8/2020 at 11:15 PM, Gonzo said:

Got a feeling that my team is going to be the next one to learn that paying running backs big money in today's NFL is fucking insane.

If anyone should be pissed off (well as much as he possibly could), it would Cousins.   Except for the Cowboys I can't think of another QB who needs a running back as a security blanket more than him

The Cowboys and Texans each has a "small" number of players test positive for COVID-19

This includes Ezekiel Elliott

But no worries guys over 16 games nothing will happen!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Cowboys and Texans each has a "small" number of players test positive for COVID-19

This includes Ezekiel Elliott

But no worries guys over 16 games nothing will happen!

I'm pretty sure  Ezekiel Elliot is the center square on NFL COVID-19 bingo.  

As of now the reports are it is 2 Cowboys and 2 Texans who test positive

Reportedly one of the Texans who tested positive attended George Floyd's funeral last week

So... yeah....

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

As of now the reports are it is 2 Cowboys and 2 Texans who test positive

Reportedly one of the Texans who tested positive attended George Floyd's funeral last week

So... yeah....

It's JJ isn't it?

35 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

*assuming there is one

So basically we can guarantee UFC will run a card the night before to piggyback off of this. 

But in all seriousness that seems like a good choice to host the Pro Bowl. I kind of thought it would be either there or LA since they’re both huge markets with new stadiums.

During his media availability session on Wednesday, Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn made it clear that his team is the first in the 2020 preseason to make inroads to possibly signing free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Kaepernick “fits the style of quarterback for the system we’ll be running,” Lynn said, per Omar Ruiz of the NFL Network.

----

To be clear, Lynn had no definite plan for Kaepernick — at this point, he’s on an “emergency workout list,” which means that he would be brought in for a workout if anything happened to one of the team’s three current quarterbacks.

We’re happy with the three quarterbacks that we want but you can’t have enough on the runway,” Lynn concluded.

The moved it out of Hawaii because the players absolutely hated it. 

Going to Hawaii is a long ass flight for the east coasters (hell the West Coasters too), it's boring for them, and the stadium hasn't had a renovation since, roughly the Nixon administration. When they moved it to Orlando, they could sell it as making it a family destination, moving it to wherever the SB was that year allowed them to party with their friends. 

• Like 2

In another example of folks just pretending everything will be normal

HBO announced that the Rams and Chargers will be the Hard Knocks teams

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I feel like this poll is missing someone...

WCW Superstar Kevin Greene??? Kerry Collins for quarterbacking them to the NFC title game in their second season???

In all seriousness I know who you mean, but I think Luke should win as he spent his entire career there, and was definitely the cornerstone of that defense for every one of those seasons. 

• Like 2

RE the Panthers thing

To go along with ignoring Cam (and related) - as I saw someone point out on Twitter, two of the three, Carolina did dirty in contract talks and they left in FA and were productive elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

?

Well, whoever the NFL doctor (don't know the name offhand) shot back that the NFL is going to take all the necessary steps in the world and agreed it was going be hard etc. Nothing about not playing though.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

41 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

?

Well from your teams point of view having an entire season cancelled would guarantee Tua would be the week 1 starter for the next season. 

Plus it might open up the AFC east even more in that I’m not sure old man Belichick wouldn’t just say F it, and retire if the season got cancelled.  

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

RE the Panthers thing

To go along with ignoring Cam (and related) - as I saw someone point out on Twitter, two of the three, Carolina did dirty in contract talks and they left in FA and were productive elsewhere.

I mean Cam might have said some shitty things about Panthers management but it was child's play compared to what Steve Smith said when he left.  That was brutal

The best point I have heard on this was Pablo Torres saying that the person who should really be pissed off is Steve Smith because in the history of these twitter "polls", the person with the retweet button almost always finishes in last and the person with the favorite button almost always finishes first