DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

I didn't see this posted here yet. Maria Taylor: an amazing person.

Finger wag and hair flip. Gold. That was so eloquently put and right on the nose. Perfect mix of passion and composure. I wish I could speak that well when fired up about shit that mattered a quarter as much as this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I loved how both Kellerman and Smith and whoever that blonde Karen was were all silent as church mice by the time she was done.

It reminded me of the scene in White Men Can't Jump where Rosie Perez and Wesley Snipes' wife get in front of the TV and one of Wesley's boys said 'tell them to move.' 

WS: ”You lost damned your mind? That's black women over there."

• Like 3

After earlier sharing a message of unity on social media, New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees attracted backlash Wednesday when he reiterated his stance that he will "never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America" during an interview with Yahoo Finance.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:21 PM, RIPPA said:

And the Saints would like for Drew Brees to stop talking

wow.

just a reminder,
EZymQNvXQAEGHI0?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 4

You know what,  I am going to be a SCOTUS pedant and point out that West Virginia v Barnett applies to public schools forcing students to stand for the pledge and not private businesses.

Anyway: DREW BREES FROM  DEEP

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

You know what,  I am going to be a SCOTUS pedant and point out that West Virginia v Barnett applies to public schools forcing students to stand for the pledge and not private businesses.

Anyway: DREW BREES FROM  DEEP

haha, i debated posting the supreme court bit for that very reason but couldn't resist.

that followup Brees tweet is something i didn't expect to see.

51 minutes ago, twiztor said:

haha, i debated posting the supreme court bit for that very reason but couldn't resist.

that followup Brees tweet is something i didn't expect to see.

I totally expected it. It's essentially, "Uhh motherfucker, you're making it WORSE. Help me out here." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm hoping (but am not only optimistic) that this will be a Tim Hardaway moment for Brees. One where maybe, just maybe, he actually learns something and changes.

On 6/6/2020 at 9:19 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I'm hoping (but am not only optimistic) that this will be a Tim Hardaway moment for Brees. One where maybe, just maybe, he actually learns something and changes.

If it didn't happen when he was taking the local Roman Catholic church's side, it ain't happening here.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The sound you just heard was @Gonzo kicking his cat.

Got a feeling that my team is going to be the next one to learn that paying running backs big money in today's NFL is fucking insane.

Okay the follow up is that they are moving it to an undisclosed location for "public safety" as there were rumblings starting on social media of taking the statue down.

The whole story reads as Tepper wanting to remove the statue and wanting to do it in a way that doesn't break the language in the agreement of the sale

• Like 2

Just now, RIPPA said:

Okay the follow up is that they are moving it to an undisclosed location for "public safety" as there were rumblings starting on social media of taking the statue down.

The whole story reads as Tepper wanting to remove the statue and wanting to do it in a way that doesn't break the language in the agreement of the sale

I'd like to reenact the discussion about removing the statue, "wait, they're destroying statues of racists?  Take ours down."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2