DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

Or the fucking worst team that occupies Monday nights. I seriously don't watch Monday games because they are so bad. I like the easygoing, laid back nature of Collinsworth and Michaels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Tessitore is barely tolerable calling boxing. I still don't know how he got on MNF.

Really, the only good thing that I've seen Tessitore do was the commentary for Holey Moley and being the straight man to Rob Riggle...

I thought I saw something circulating that ESPN was thinking about moving Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit from college games to MNF, which would be an awful move.

Not because Fowler and Herbstreit aren't good, because they really are, but I would rather have them continue calling college games.

• Like 1

Honestly, the MNF crew didn't bother me this year. Now that they got Booger out of that fucking flying chair thing. I didn't think they were good, but they never treated on my nerves

I like Collinsworth some of the time. Al Michaels is awful. Used to be good but he's been phoning it in for a long, long time.

Tessitore is great doing college but Booger is a 300lb boat anchor who isn't good enough to call high school games.

On 4/10/2020 at 4:07 PM, RIPPA said:

This is football specific so I am posting it here instead of media

Per the NY Post (so take that for what it is worth) - Drew Brees has agreed to a deal with NBC Sports that will begin when he retire

They reportedly want him to replace Cris Collinsworth but that isn't official yet

About that...

On 4/13/2020 at 2:40 PM, Death From Above said:

Honest to God I may get his Rams jersey. Too bad he didn't just change stripes and sign with the Bengals, that would've been perfect.

What is interesting is that it's 2 hours later and not a single other person has mentioned this trade... well outside Colin Cowherd

And apparently Schefter said in an interview that Browns aren't making the deal

So who the fuck knows

On 4/15/2020 at 7:29 AM, RIPPA said:

I like that Glazer's news is so huge and important that he can sit on it for a whole day

Glazer's scoop was that Rams' center Brian Allen tested positive three weeks ago (he's recovering).

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886884-rams-brian-allen-becomes-1st-nfl-player-to-test-positive-for-the-coronavirus

Granted, he's the first active NFL player known to have tested positive, but he also appears to be mostly recovered (he was cleared by doctors).

So, yeah, not exactly huge news.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Haha 1