DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Broncos are probably wishing Vic Fangio would stop talking

Yeah, that list of college coaches that should shut the fuck up about the Coronavirus I was compiling is now getting a NFL and racism companion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

This is where we're supposed to tell Drew to stick to Football, right?

Well he should have done that after his stupid ass comments LAST year

I guess there is something to be said for consistency

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

*Adds a player addendum to the list.

Seriously though, it's amazing to me that this guy has been a superstar for over a decade, and just suddenly started sticking his foot in his mouth repeatedly in the twilight of his career.

29 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Seriously though, it's amazing to me that this guy has been a superstar for over a decade, and just suddenly started sticking his foot in his mouth repeatedly in the twilight of his career.

Wasn’t he against a certain group of people about the time he released his biography too? And that came out a decade ago. 

I definitely respect what he does on the football field, but he’s one of my least respected athletes for his less than stellar views off the field. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It is what happens when you start thinking about your political career before you finish your playing career

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

No, it's evidence of how little we actually ask any athlete, especially a white athlete, and even more especially a white quarterback, a serious question...and even when we do ask them a serious question, we generally only expect a cliche answer.  

Yeah the 24-48 hours there had been this push that was all WHY HASN'T THIS TEAM OR PLAYER SPOKEN OUT YET???

And I was like "Umm... because you might not like the answer you get back"

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah the 24-48 hours there had been this push that was all WHY HASN'T THIS TEAM OR PLAYER SPOKEN OUT YET???

And I was like "Umm... because you might not like the answer you get back"

James Dolan saying, "We don't really have anything to say that someone else could say better," is absurd, but brilliant all at the same time.  He's wrong, but he's also absolutely right.

Until he admits that Kaepernick kneeling wasn't about protesting the military and the flag but was about police brutality, this apologize doesn't mean shit in my opinion

He is lucky that most people will forget about this in about a week and we will be back to talking about how a great he is

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Until he admits that Kaepernick kneeling wasn't about protesting the military and the flag but was about police brutality, this apologize doesn't mean shit in my opinion

Or, as the great Michael Harriot says, 

Edited by JLSigman
can't spell fer shit this morning
  • Like 2

Somebody posted a text exchange with Jake Fromm, where he says that he needs guns and silencers, and only elite white people should have them.  Move over Drew, we have today's main Twitter character.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Given his accuracy, I would be worried about him with guns and silencers 

The best part is how whoever he's texting decided right then and there that this dude was a douche.

• Like 3

A reminder that Georgia kept Fromm over a guy who last season passed for 51 TD's against 3(!) Interceptions. 

Jake is gonna have to start looking for XFL training camp ads in about 4 hours. 

• Like 2