3) Charlie Conerly (57)

4) Kerry Collins (35)

5) Fran Tarketon (33)

6) Y.A. Tittle (32)

7) Dave Brown (23)

8. Don Heinrich (20)

9) Jeff Hostetler (16) 

10) Scott Brunner (12)

Its pretty bad that by the time his rookie deal ends Daniel Jones will be at worst 9th on that list, and hopefully at least 7th (to get there he needs to average 5 wins per year for the rest of his rookie deal). 

49ers top 8 is pretty solid: 

1. Joe Montana 100

2. Steve Young 91

3. John Brodie 74

4. Y.A. Tittle 45

5. Alex Smith 38

6. Jeff Garcia 35

7. Colin Kaepernick 28

8. Jimmy Garoppolo 19

9. Steve Spurrier 13

10. Frankie Albert 13

• Thanks 1

Bengals Top 10:

1) Kenny Anderson (93) 

2) Andy Dalton (70)

3) Boomer Esiason (65)

4) Carson Palmer (46)

5) Jeff Blake (25)

6) John Kitna (18)

7) Virgil Carter (12)

8) Turk Schonert (5)

9) Greg Cook (4)

10) Fitzmagic (4)

Yes, Cook's wins were all in the AFL pre merger. I'm still putting him on the list because he's one of the most tragic "What ifs" in pro football history (and because he bumps David Klingler off it).

Philadelphia Eagles:

1) Donovan McNabb (101)

2) Ron Jaworski (72)

3) Randal Cunningham (64)

4) Carson Wentz (32)

5) Nick Foles (25)

6) Michael Vick (20)

7) Rodney Peete (16)

8: Roman Gabriel (12)

9) Jim McMahon (9)

10) Ty Detmer (9)

Yeah, That's a dropoff after Randal.  

13 hours ago, Infinit said:

Is there a franchise whose top 10 doesn't look ugly? 

Yes

Obviously it is a combination of how QB wins is a shitty stat and the unique nature of the QB positions.

If you have an elite/great/very good QB they are going to be the only person making progress in that stat for say a decade.

Look at the Niners - their Top 2 are two of the all time great QBs. 3 of their top 4 are in the Hall of Fame. The 4th played over 200 games.

Their 9th place is a fucking punter and 10th is Steve fucking Spurrier

However - I agree with Dan's point about how fucking weird the Bears list is, especially for how long that franchise has existed 

• Like 2

Yeah, the top 10 QB wins doesn’t tell you much of anything about teams with good QB play. Who cares that the Packers 10th best QB sucks when the top 3 are Favre, Rodgers, and Starr.

What it IS useful for us destroying the wills of team with shitty QB play. Put up the Jets list and know the soul of a New Yorker somewhere got smited out of existence. Put up Miami’s to realize not only is Tannehill the best QB they have had since Marino, he is by a country mile. Look up the Jaguars list and chuckle at how high Blaine Gabbert is. That’s the fun here.

Edited by The Man Known as Dan
  • Like 3

It's disappointing that Fitzmagic doesn't also appear on the Dolphins list

And to be fair to teams like the Jags - they haven't been around long enough to even warrant a Top 10. And Brunell, Leftwich and Garrard are a solid 3.

It is letting Bortles stick around so long during the era of passing that's not

• Like 3

So James Harrison is getting his team in trouble again.   On a Barstool podcast, he claims that Mike Tomlin gave him "an envelope" after the legendary hit on the Browns WR about 6 years ago.  Can't remember the player but I mean he should have had 2 concussions after it.   He was fined $75,000

Now Harrison, Tomlin, and Steelers claims that money was never given to Harrison to pay the fine.  But I seriously doubt the envelope contained gift cards to Hooters.

• Like 2

I believe the WR was Mohamed Massaquoi and the hit was in 2010. Massaquoi hasn't been played a down in the NFL for several years now so it couldn't have been six years ago.

Since everyone else did it. . .Vikings Top 10

1) Fran Tarkenton (64)

2) Tommy Kramer (54)

3) Daunte Culpepper (38)

4) Brad Johnson (28)

5) Wade Wilson (27)

6) Warren Moon (21)

7) Rich Gannon (19)

8 ) Kirk Cousins (18)

9a) Teddy Bridgewater (17)

9b) Brett Favre (17)

That's kind of ugly, and yet at the same time not as ugly as I thought it was going to be.

The guys in 2nd and 3rd on the list both have losing records for their Minnesota careers. Everyone else on there was .500 or better.

Edited by Gonzo

Denver Broncos QBs 

1. John Elway 148

2. Peyton Manning 45

3. Craig Morton 41

4. Jake Plummer 39

5. Brian Greise 26

6. Charley Johnson 20

7. Jay Cutler 17

8. Steve Ramsey 14

9. Frank Tripucka 13

10. Trevor Siemian 13

I put Trevor at 10 because Frank Tripucka's number is retired for... reasons. The list played out the way I thought because the Broncos have never drafted quarterbacks well. The best ones were by trades or free agency.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This was totally leaked by "the one person in the room who knew how bad this would look."

Not only that, the people in the room have all the say on who gets hired.  This is never going to pass, because if the people in that room want to hire more black people they can just hire more black people.  Seriously, if you can't find any black people around the NFL, you probably aren't looking very hard.  70% of the players are black, the average career is about 3.5 years.  If they were to just identify one or two players per team who have a interest in coaching, or working in the front office, set up a mentoring program, and let them transition into coaching or working in the front office.  Seriously, every team will have 2 former players on their staff as coaching interns.  After the 2 years is up, the player can either take a full time job with a team or apply for another 2 year internship with another team.  It would work to give both former players and all of the teams a bigger pool for candidates.  With that said, none of this actually will make a difference, unless the owners start hiring black people for these positions, which they can do right now, but they don't.

• Like 2

I always thought it was insane that the NBA didn't have a championship team with a black top executive until 2004.

Somehow, the NFL is still way the fuck behind even from that pathetic standard.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:39 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

*Bob  ? 

(Side note - I went to high school with Brian Griese, sat next to him in AP English.  If he said more than a sentence a month, it was a lot.)

Did you ever trip over his dog? 

For giggles I checked the Raiders All-Time QB Wins:

1) Ken Stabler 76

2) Daryle Lamonica 66

3) Rich Gannon 49

4)Jim Plunkett 46

5) Derek Carr 39

6) Jeff Hostetler 34

7) Jay Schroeder 33

8 ) Marc Wilson 31

9) Jason Campbell 11

10t) Steve Beuerlein 8

10t) Carson Palmer 8

Edited by Travis Sheldon
emoji showed up

The Steelers list, that Bubby Brister and Mark Malone have over 20 wins shows how good and underrated the 1980's Steelers defense was. 

1. Ben Roethlisberger (144)
  2. Terry Bradshaw (107)
  3. Kordell Stewart (46)
  4. Neil O’Donnell (39)
  5. Bubby Brister (28)
  6. Bobby Layne (27)
  7. Mark Malone (21)
  8. Jim Finks (18)
  9. tie Tommy Maddox and Mike Tomczak (15)
  10. Ed Brown (14)
  • Like 1

I’m surprised nobody has commented on Michael Thomas’s incredibly weak Twitter game yet. What a fricken tool he is. 

Going after DeVante Parker’s parents just shows what a moron he is, and that the degrees they pass out at The Ohio State Penitentiary aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on.

I agree with DeVante’s comment about what’s harder, and certainly with his comment about Thomas being thrown 700 passes a game. Hell Jerry Rice would’ve caught 200 balls in a season if literally every offensive play was a pass to him. 

Edited by MavsFan77
Autocorrect screwed up hell
  • Like 1

I have no idea or care about the argument, but Michael Thomas had the highest catch rate of any WR in the NFL last year. It's not just they threw to him a lot, it's that he caught everything thrown near him.

In fact, it was the second straight year he led the league in catch rate.

Edited by Brian Fowler

22 hours ago, happjack said:

The Steelers list, that Bubby Brister and Mark Malone have over 20 wins shows how good and underrated the 1980's Steelers defense was. 

1. Ben Roethlisberger (144)
  2. Terry Bradshaw (107)
  3. Kordell Stewart (46)
  4. Neil O’Donnell (39)
  5. Bubby Brister (28)
  6. Bobby Layne (27)
  7. Mark Malone (21)
  8. Jim Finks (18)
  9. tie Tommy Maddox and Mike Tomczak (15)
  10. Ed Brown (14)

Man, I never really give Kordell the credit he deserves. My abiding memory of the guy is the picks he threw to the Pats in 2001. They were like daggers to my 21 year old heart. 

• Like 2