DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

The real laugher I was pointing out is Andy Dalton being the answer to diddly shit. 0-4 in the playoffs, 1 TD/6 INT, with 21, 17, and 16-point losses, mostly against Texans teams where the starting quarterback was a sentient box of Hamburger Helper. If you're not familiar with Dalton's supporting casts with the Bengals, he had the luxury of throwing to this obscure receiver named A.J. Green.  The Cowboys can still rescind the franchise tag on Dak, and  very likely eat a 6-10 bucket of shit this year, led by the greatest quarterback Jason Garrett never had the opportunity to coach. It would give them plenty of money towards 2021.

Edited by FluffSnackwell

Oh, before I forget, one story that's come back up during the tributes to Shula, was that he came *this close* to coaching the USFL's NJ Generals.  

The story was that he'd pretty much agreed to the compensation, but wanted a free apartment in Trump Tower but Don didn't want to budge on that. Our future President, being who he is, went on TV and announced it was a done deal.   Take it from here Hank:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, before I forget, one story that's come back up during the tributes to Shula, was that he came *this close* to coaching the USFL's NJ Generals.  

The story was that he'd pretty much agreed to the compensation, but wanted a free apartment in Trump Tower but Don didn't want to budge on that. Our future President, being who he is, went on TV and announced it was a done deal.   Take it from here Hank:

I have often thought Trump to be a less than wise businessman, and that’s just even more proof of it.

Also as a fellow New Yorker would I become one of your favorite posters if I get you a #1 Miami Dolphins jersey of Tua? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Maybe.   But wait for the throwbacks to come out later this year.  ?

That throwback he’s got on in the pic he posted looks sweet. If I were to actually buy a Dolphins jersey that would be the one I’d want too. ?? 

• Like 1

In an interview with a radio station in Pittsburgh, John Clayton said that the first four weeks of the 2020 NFL season will be AFC vs NFC games.

Makes a bit of sense. . .put the games that are, ultimately, the least impactful at the front of the schedule in case offseason workouts and camps continue to be affected by the COVID.

Also, if games need to be eliminated from the schedule, the interconference games would make the most sense.

Edited by Gonzo

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

In an interview with a radio station in Pittsburgh, John Clayton said that the first four weeks of the 2020 NFL season will be AFC vs NFC games.

Makes a bit of sense. . .put the games that are, ultimately, the least impactful at the front of the schedule in case offseason workouts and camps continue to be affected by the COVID.

Also, if games need to be eliminated from the schedule, the interconference games would make the most sense.

So who’s pumped for Chiefs vs Falcons on opening night? Since the only other option is Chiefs vs Panthers, and that would suck. Unless they’re willing to open and close the season at the same stadium since KC does have a road game with Tampa Bay on the books. Which would draw mega ratings too.

Turns out John Clayton was full of shit

At least the first week of games are all within the division 

So far leaked Week 1 games are

Eagles at Redskins

Tampa at NO

Jets at Bills

So you can figure out 3 more games from that too

• Like 1

I should note that some folks are theorizing that the NFL is still planning on doing 4 straight weeks of inter-conference games at some point in the season - so those would be the ones that would be the most likely to go if the season was shortened

Oh btw - pass interference replay is gone

Apparently it was passed for one year only and everyone hated it so much they aren't even bothering to bring it to vote to see if folks want to extend it

• Like 1

For the first time since 1991, two teams will play back to back.  

The Jets and Dolphins will play a home and away series (with a bye in between) weeks 10-12. 

9 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Yes!  No prime time games for the Skins!

Well technically yes but playing Dallas on Thanksgiving is basically a prime time game

All the teams in Week 2 share a bye week - so if the season gets delayed, byes would be eliminated and teams would play the game whenever their bye was supposed to be

If the season needs to delay for a second week - the Pro Bowl would be eliminated (and thus the bye week before the Super Bowl) and everything would be pushed back a week while still preserving the Feb 7 Super Bowl date

EDIT - and Week 3 and 4 are all intradivisonal games so those weeks would be next on the chopping block.

I feel so bad for people online talking how they've booked airfare and hotels in Vegas for away games when there is almost zero chance fans will be let into any stadium this season.

On 5/5/2020 at 3:49 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Was this around the same time he signed Lawrence Taylor away from the Giants then sold him back?  

2 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Was this around the same time he signed Lawrence Taylor away from the Giants then sold him back?  

Yes... ish...

Both where in 1983 AFTER the first USFL season.

So Trump was trying to get Shula mid-NFL 1983 season.

Gave LT a loan in Dec 83 with the provision that LT would start playing in the USFL in 88. LT immediately wanted out of the deal so because in NY rich people all know each other - the Giants and Trump worked out a deal.

So LT would have never actually played in the league (since the league folded in 85). Trump claims he would have owned LT for the entire 25 year contract. And I am not gonna say anything further about that or I will have to ban myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1