DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

Reportedly - one contingency plan the NFL is working on if the following

Move the Super Bowl to Sunday, Feb 28 (It seems as if the NFL is basically asking Tampa to block off the entire month now)

Eliminate bye weeks

Eliminate the Pro Bowl/Week off before Super Bowl

Doing that would start the season on Oct 15

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2020/04/27/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-schedule.aspx

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Eliminate the Pro Bowl/Week off before Super Bowl

I wish they would eliminate the week off permanently.  Those two weeks are absolute death on sports talk radio, with all the local shows sent to the SB city's "radio row" and they spend two weeks interview z-list celebrities and HOFers who have been hired to schill corporate products:

Radio Host:  It's David Hasselhoff and Randall Cunningham!  Oh my God, what are you two doing together here at Radio Row!

Randall Cunningham:  Hi Frank, we're here to tell you how excited we are for the new Ranberg Hemorrhoid Cream...

The only thing worse is MLB All-Star Weekend, when all the national radio shows go to the Utah Championship pro-am golf tournament, to fawn over a bored Bill Murray playing golf with Lee Trevino.

• Like 1

I don't care much whether or not there's two weeks between the conference title games and the super bowl (though the Rumble fitting there is nice) but for the love of God move the pro bowl back to after the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

Favre stirring the pot nicely in an interview about Rodgers and Love. Thanks, sports media. Just give the local idiots more garbage to talk about. Don't go by the URL, that's not what he's saying, he said somewhere else and possibly sooner than later.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29113844/brett-favre-says-thinks-aaron-rodgers-finish-career-packers