DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

If he leaves the Pats, it has to be with a team that knows it doesn't stand a chance at winning but the novelty to sell tickets due to Tom Brady being the quarterback is the most alluring thing they can think of currently.

That's why so much talk out here in LA has been based around speculation of the Chargers making a play for him. No one here gives a shit about the Chargers and getting Brady might be the only way to do so, especially with them going to the new stadium this fall.

Brady definitely looked like he'd lost a couple steps last year, but he was also playing with the worst group of weapons around him he'd had since the early days when they were a run the ball and play defense team.

I could definitely see him looking better in San Francisco with that talent than he did the last year and a half.

(Funny to remember that week or so when it looked like he would have Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon...)

The Kansas City Royals are moving around their early September schedule because it sure looks like the World Champs are going to open the season with the Thursday game on Week 1. 

Which leads me to think they're hosting the Pats.  (Den/LV/LAC, NYJ, Car, Atl, & Hou are the other potentials)

What's the wildest rumor you've heard about Brady so far.  For me it was that Brady is demanding that whatever team he signs with also signs Antonio Brown.  I really want it to be true, even though I know it is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life.

Yeah that Josh Norman signing confused the hell out of me. And that Rams logo is one of the ugliest logo's I've seen in a long time. Legit can't tell if supposed to be the Rams or the Chargers, without being told its the Rams.

• Like 4

Marshal Yanda is retiring

What makes me chuckle is that on like 3/4 of the teams in the league - he would be the franchise best O-lineman

On the Ravens he only gets to #2

12 hours ago, Tabe said:

Russell Okung has filed a grievance with the NLRB against the NFLPA for overriding the wishes of the executive committee to push the CBA.

Okung was running to be president of the NFLPA but announced he was dropping out (citing health issues not allowing him to devote 100% to it). He and Richard Sherman both endorsed Michael Thomas of the Giants who is a "No" vote on the deal. Thomas is believed to be the front runner now.

The other two players still running are the Bucs Sam Acho (a "Yes" vote) and Browns JC Tretter (hasn't revealed his vote yet)

The reason I mention the Yes/No vote (and Okung's separate filing) is that a "No" voting winning is clearly going to set up a showdown within the NFLPA Executive Committee