DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

Speaking of QBs - Taysom Hill considers himself a QB and it looking to sign with someone who will let him play QB full time

He is a restricted FA and he has stated he wants to stay in New Orleans but his desire to play QB is stronger than staying in the city

If the Cowboys let Dak Prescott walk, they deserve to lose for the rest of eternity.  He was legitimately great last year.  They need to go ahead and pay him before the Chiefs break the pay scale with Mahomes' contract.  

Taysom Hill will be 30 by the time the next season starts, and I would like someone to provide a list of quarterbacks who became quality starters after the age of 30.  Seriously, is there a single quarterback in the history of Earth who became a quality starter after 30?  If he was starter caliber, they would have started him over Teddy Bridgewater when Brees was out, but he was running reverses and trick plays like always.

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Seriously, is there a single quarterback in the history of Earth who became a quality starter after 30?  

Roger Staubach 

? (Clearly because the only reason Staubach had to wait till 30 was because of his military commitments)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Wait did we forget about Tom Brady

No - supreme's point was became a good starter at age of 30 (or later)

Brady was 24 or 25 when he started and won the Super Bowl against the Rams

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Roger Staubach 

? (Clearly because the only reason Staubach had to wait till 30 was because of his military commitments)

You're right, and that's pretty amazing.  There is no way whatsoever that a player the caliber of Roger Stauback would even consider military service at this point. Honestly, is David Robnson the last elite athlete who went to a military academy?  That was 30 years ago.

Save this for like Week 14 or something when this kid scores the game winning TD for New England, obviously, off a Wildcat draw play. (And of course you have to hear that idiot Berman make his stupid splattering noises, while he has an orgasm that someone who weighs 300 lbs scored a touchdown.)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Was Rich Gannon over thirty when he suddenly, magically became an MVP caliber player?

Gannon wasn't bad though in his mid-20s. He was just dicked over by incompetent Vikings coaches and injuries.

He definitely was better in his 30s but it would have shown sooner with better circumstances

• Like 1

To the surprise of absolutely no one - the Skins are releasing Josh Norman

Will save them $12 million in cap space

I am pretty sure he and Dave Gettleman still hate each other so I think I am safe from the Giants signing him

Since he was released - Norman can sign with anyone now. He doesn't have to wait till the start of FA (which is still a month away)

Same with Greg Olsen - who Adam Schefter says has offers from the Skins, Bills and Seahawks

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Also not surprising and Skins related - they are showing Paul Richardson the door

I am shocked - SHOCKED - that signing didn't work out

If I'm a general manager, I'm skeptical of every Seattle receiver who is not playing with Russell Wilson.  He's one of those guys who makes his teammates 25% better because they believe in him...which is not something I would have said when he was playing in Super Bowls.  I honestly don't think we have any idea how good of a player he is, because their offense is frustratingly basic until he starts improvising.  I want to see him play in an innovative offense from this century instead of having to deal Marty Jr.'s nonsense (Marty is a favorite of mine, because of the 80's Browns, but it's 2020).

Jordan Reed is still in concussion protocol.

He is most likely to be released though Washington might have to designate him as something else until he gets cleared.

Either way - I really hope he takes the hint and retires.

• Like 1

Jordan Reed had a concussion in the preseason and he is still on protocol  Unless the Skins just completely forgot to check him the entire season (which given the Skins it wouldn't surprise me), the fact that he isn't cleared one month after the season should make him mandatory  retired 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 1:04 PM, RIPPA said:

Speaking of QBs - Taysom Hill considers himself a QB and it looking to sign with someone who will let him play QB full time

He is a restricted FA and he has stated he wants to stay in New Orleans but his desire to play QB is stronger than staying in the city

Drew Brees has announced he's coming back for another season.    (Fuck you Nick Saban.)

Taysom Hill & Teddy Bridgewater are now both expected to leave. 

On 2/17/2020 at 11:20 AM, RIPPA said:

The Lions are actively trying to trade Darius Slay because they hate winning or something

Slay regressed in 2019.  The idea here is to get value while you can before he regresses more.