DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

I saw the reaction of Drew Pearson not getting in.   He must have thought he was getting because he has a whole bunch of cameras and friends ready and it didn't happen.  And he was more than a little upset.  While you would think someone on the All 70's team is a sure fire HOF, I just don't really see it.  He isn't even in the top 100 in receptions or receiving all time 

although Donnie Shell and Cliff Harris as Hall of Famers seems weird too.  

Pearson is way before my time, so I have no opinion, but career ramekins in the passing game are quickly becoming a terrible measure of guys. Just so much more passing now.

I mean, Matt Stafford has a very good chance of finishing in the top three all-time in basically every passing category, and nobody is arguing he's a top ten QB of all-time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Pearson is way before my time, so I have no opinion, but career ramekins in the passing game are quickly becoming a terrible measure of guys. Just so much more passing now.

I mean, Matt Stafford has a very good chance of finishing in the top three all-time in basically every passing category, and nobody is arguing he's a top ten QB of all-time.

Wide receiver is the single hardest position to judge if you didn't actually watch them play.  Drew Pearson may have been amazing, but his numbers aren't impressive at all.  With that said, Paul Warfield (Warren represent) is a hall of famer and has a grand total of 427 catches in 13 years.  For what it's worth, Warfield also scored 85 touchdowns and averaged 20 ypc, which is kind of amazing in any era.  Honestly, I don't know how Pearson was 1st team all-70s, when Warfield was 2nd team.  

• Like 1

Back to where we belong. Sign some damn receivers this year you fucks, I know we're a run first team now, but for fuck's sake. Also, teach people to tackle. Stupid Packers.

Y’all can hate him all you want.

That man was my QB for literally the entire time I have been a Dad and because of him I got to enjoy two championships that I NEVER would have predicted 

I love the goofy ass son of a bitch

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Not surprisingly - the Giants announced they will be retiring Eli's #10

Well deserved.  I know I tend to bash Eli, but Eli was good for a very long time.  He was durable as hell, never in a controversy, and people seem to genuinely love him.  He means as much to the New York Giants as any player in their history, and should be revered by fans of that franchise for the rest of time.  Eli's Super Bowl runs were some of the most improbably great moments that any player has ever had.  Between the "Helmet Catch" and the Manningham catch (which was an incredibly throw by Eli), he has two of the most memorable Super Bowl plays of all time.  Eli was also incredibly fun, he wasn't quite Jameis with his unpredictability, but he was always the underdog little brother who always seemed to try his best but come up short.  Him coming through in those 2 Super Bowls has to be incredibly satisfying for his fans.  He was Charlie Brown except he actually kicked the football, and when he did he won the fucking Super Bowl.  I don't think Eli Manning is a Hall of Famer, but for the people who love Eli Manning, I kind of understand why they believe he is.

• Like 2

Per Jay Glazer - the Chargers are moving on from Philip Rivers (who is a FA)

So basically if Rivers decides to play next year - and all indications are he will - it will be with someone else

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Jay Glazer - the Chargers are moving on from Philip Rivers (who is a FA)

So basically if Rivers decides to play next year - and all indications are he will - it will be with someone else

Whoever wants to hire him better have a hell of a moving bonus.

• Like 1