DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

NFL teams are always strict about not allowing unauthorized visitors into training camp, but this year especially so. As Seattle’s Kemah Siverand found out the hard way.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports that the Seahawks cut Siverand after he was caught on video trying to sneak a female visitor into the team hotel. The woman was reportedly wearing Seahawks gear in an effort to make her look like a player who had access to the hotel.

• Haha 3

Look,  I know it's funny to laugh at that dude,  but honestly isn't that kind of the best possible bad decision a 23 year old can make with a woman?  Seriously, think about all the dumb ass 23 year old reasoning you would have applied if the equivalent of an Instagram model was trying to give you some at 23.  I'm not judging the man. 

34 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Look,  I know it's funny to laugh at that dude,  but honestly isn't that kind of the best possible bad decision a 23 year old can make with a woman?  Seriously, think about all the dumb ass 23 year old reasoning you would have applied if the equivalent of an Instagram model was trying to give you some at 23.  I'm not judging the man. 

To be objective, I am not sure if the old "sneak the opposite sex in after dorm visitation hours are over" trick works when the NFL is anal retentive about who gets in and out of facilities. And that's pre-pandemic.

With that said, IG model is a very broad category. If I am guy with no guarantee to make the final roster anyway, she better look like how Jordyn Woods does now or one of the Westbrooks (India Love & Crystal) for me to jeopardize it all. 

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

*Makes notes to understand Elsa's reference points when not on work computer*

Well, if you were searching Ms. Jordyn Woods' name on Twitter yesterday, you would need to be 100% off your work computer. Good god almighty. You can thank me later.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Why not frame it as a "career decision" instead of a "woman decision"? Dude possible blew his NFL career...hope she was worth it lol

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Why not frame it as a "career decision" instead of a "woman decision"? Dude possible blew his NFL career...hope she was worth it lol

Because the average 23 year old isn't making career decisions. Making a dumb, but perfectly legal,  though questionably immoral decision about sex,  is kind of exactly what we expect from a 23 year old. 

I don't know...you would think someone who probably has played football since he was a preteen all the way through high school and college and barely caught on with an NFL team would know better to jeopardize his tenuous career over a piece of tail lol. I don't think "he's only 23" is an excuse. There are probably alot of 23 year old new NFLers in the same situation that aren't gonna make that same foolish decision. 

Just now, Infinit said:

I don't know...you would think someone who probably has played football since he was a preteen all the way through high school and college and barely caught on with an NFL team would know better to jeopardize his tenuous career over a piece of tail lol. I don't think "he's only 23" is an excuse. There are probably alot of 23 year old new NFLers in the same situation that aren't gonna make that same foolish decision. 

I'm not disputing that it was not very smart, I'm just saying I remember 23-year-old me and the decisions I was making at that point in my life.  Let me tell you, I made some questionable decisions with women who worked at the service desk at Target, I don't even want to remember what would have happened if an Instagram model was giving me that kind of attention.  

• Haha 3

I understand this should go into the "Stupid things" thread but this stupidity deserves top billing

I mean the best part is that apparently he tried to sneak her in by dressing as a Seahawks player.  Current me thinks this is incredibly stupid to lose his job for this.   Guarantee you that me 20 years would seriously admit the hustle and how thirsty he apparently is   

Kansas City has announced they will allow fans at 22% of capacity at Arrowhead this season. 

There were 1127 new cases of COVID-19 in Missouri on Friday.  Missouri has registered 1454 deaths. 

Well I missed this when it happened

Even without converting some of its officials to full-time status, the NFL has significantly overhauled its officiating program this offseason. The league pushed senior vice president of officiating Al Riveron into a smaller role, where he will focus on the replay review system, and hired two new executives. Longtime coach Perry Fewell is responsible for day-to-day management of the department as the senior vice president of officiating administration. Retired referee Walt Anderson also filled a new senior vice president role, in charge of training and development.

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

Has there ever been a team that has had an offseason nearly this crazy?

My gut wants to say the peak 90s Cowboys, but I don’t know how many of the infamous things happened the same year,.