DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

Pretty much

Since the NFL decided to run the whole "Wait to the last minute and then trying to make it seem like it was the players fault"

But the players are WAY better organized now

• Like 3

In what was probably always going to end up being the ultimate destination - the NFL's latest proposal to the players has only one preseason game being played.

The players still want none but will probably concede this point for getting what they want on other issues

I would think the biggest thing to worry about is that the Miz Dad I mean Mark Davis has a brand new incredible stadium in a new area of Las Vegas and is now thinking of having the Raiders play with no fans. if anyone can use fans right now it would be them

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Antonio Brown has retired from the NFL.  

Yes.  Again. 

Oh man, I forgot about that guy.

It's like a file that I accidentally deleted from my harddrive and you restored it from the trash folder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It really is amazing how the NFL had the most time and could see what the other 3 leagues were doing and yet somehow managed to just hammer themselves in the dick repeatedly.

Somehow they made MLB look competent

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

The Seahawks just paid quarterback price to acquire a safety.

If they’re figuring the picks are gonna be let’s say 24-32 both years then that’s not a bad move. It will become a Bill O’Brien type move if god forbid Russell Wilson gets hurt, and either of those first rounders becomes a top 5 or 10 pick. 

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Ask Mason Rudolph. I still say Garrett got off very lightly for that bullshit. . . .

Yep, if he did that to a legit starting QB the suspension would have been the rest of last season and all of this season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So NFL players can now face stiff fines and penalties for "high risk activities" during the virus

Like playing football during a pandemic?   ?

It is high risk events and the list is very specific

Per the memo, the NFL defines high-risk conduct as attending:

• an indoor nightclub with more than 15 people

• an indoor bar with more than 15 people, other than to pick up food

• an indoor house party with more than 15 people

• an indoor music concert/entertainment event with more than 15 people

• a professional sporting event, other than applicable NFL games or events, with more than 15 people

• an indoor religious service attended by more than 25% of a venue's capacity

I mean if you aren't gonna do a bubble - there have to be consequences for actions or there is no point in bothering

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Yep, if he did that to a legit starting QB the suspension would have been the rest of last season and all of this season.

You mean like Russell Wilson who he sacked twice in Week 6 or Tom Brady who he sacked in Week 8? 

I’m not a Browns fan by any means (actually I’m still pissed my team gave them Beckham Jr), but if he can sack both of those guys, and act like a total professional clearly something happened that night. I won’t get into what I think happened as it would get me yelled at, and told I’m an idiot. 

So yeah when he’s the highest paid defensive player of all-time he deserves better than to be ranked #80 on a top 100 of 2020 list. Actually Zach Ertz deserves better than 85th too. I can pretty much guarantee despite looking old last year they’ll somehow toss Tom Brady in the top 15 (at worst).

12 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

You mean like Russell Wilson who he sacked twice in Week 6 or Tom Brady who he sacked in Week 8? 

I’m not a Browns fan by any means (actually I’m still pissed my team gave them Beckham Jr), but if he can sack both of those guys, and act like a total professional clearly something happened that night. I won’t get into what I think happened as it would get me yelled at, and told I’m an idiot. 

So yeah when he’s the highest paid defensive player of all-time he deserves better than to be ranked #80 on a top 100 of 2020 list. Actually Zach Ertz deserves better than 85th too. I can pretty much guarantee despite looking old last year they’ll somehow toss Tom Brady in the top 15 (at worst).

Did he try to slam Wilson or Brady into the ground after they threw the ball on the last play of a game that was out of reach? Garrett was pulling some bullshit on a backup QB that he would never even think about doing to the likes of Brady or Wilson.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

You can say that you believe Garrett was called a racial slur. (I am pretty sure that was @supremebve believe at the time it happened or at least he was leaning in that direction. And I apologize to him if I am misremembering his position.) That would be better than being passive aggressive about it as folks are less likely to engage in a conversation when you do that. (Not that I want to dance around the Garrett/Rudolph mulberry bush again)

Now regarding specifically Garrett's placement on the list. It is voted on by the players. So with that being said - of the few willing to vote - no Steeler is gonna have Garrett that high (for a variety of reasons), dudes vote for their teammates higher than other (so more non-Browns, than Browns) and, historically, if you miss a lot of time you are further down the list (usually an out of sight out of mind thing). Plus, lists are stupid. (Like using Pro Bowl appearances for HOF qualifications)

And trading OBJ is probably the only good move Dave Gettleman has made since OBJ is as fragile and a headcase as stated.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You can say that you believe Garrett was called a racial slur. (I am pretty sure that was @supremebve believe at the time it happened or at least he was leaning in that direction. And I apologize to him if I am misremembering his position.) That would be better than being passive aggressive about it as folks are less likely to engage in a conversation when you do that. (Not that I want to dance around the Garrett/Rudolph mulberry bush again)

Now regarding specifically Garrett's placement on the list. It is voted on by the players. So with that being said - of the few willing to vote - no Steeler is gonna have Garrett that high (for a variety of reasons), dudes vote for their teammates higher than other (so more non-Browns, than Browns) and, historically, if you miss a lot of time you are further down the list (usually an out of sight out of mind thing). Plus, lists are stupid. (Like using Pro Bowl appearances for HOF qualifications)

And trading OBJ is probably the only good move Dave Gettleman has made since OBJ is as fragile and a headcase as stated.

Thank you as that is my belief. That Rudolph called him a racial slur as he’s used those terms in the past, and during a game where he’d thrown four picks it seems highly likely he’d be that upset. So I do think Garrett lost his mind for a reason, and not just “oh hey this some bum backup QB”. 

You’re right in lists are stupid. I watched it figuring hey it might be good for a laugh, but some of the rankings are totally stupid. Especially when they don’t say what percentage of players even bothered to vote. I’m willing to bet based on your comment that it’s probably less than 25% of the players that actually vote (and very few if any top players). 

I wouldn’t have minded it if Gettleman had a clue how to draft. He doesn’t so that’s why I’m annoyed by it. There’s no denying Beckham is a head case, and would be on any team though. I don’t think even Belichick could reel him in.

3 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

as he’s used those terms in the past,

Really?  First time hearing that.  Is there a story somewhere about that?

Edited by Tabe

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think my official position was, I have no idea what happened, but I do know that calling someone a racial slur will make you want to hit them in the head.  Unless Garrett is just plain batshit insane, which we don't really have any other evidence that he is, Mason Rudolph said or did something to make him react that way.  There aren't a lot of better options than a racial slur.