DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I thought this was going to be a racist rib, not a real story.

I'm in a group chat with a bunch of friends and when the senators knelt wearing kente cloth, we were joking back and forth about ridiculous things white people were going to do in the name of solidarity.  My friends laughed their asses off when I suggested the NFL would play "Lift Every Voice and Sing," before games.  Being that I saw this coming, I'm going to go the Dionne Warwick route and start a psychic hotline.  Anyone want to know the future?  I'll tell you exactly what you want to know for the low price of $59.99 per minute.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Vegas should definitely not be allowed to name anything

It's totally going to be the Washington Hamiltons.

Seriously, your in-stadium soundtrack is taken care of and the kidz would love it.

45 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

If they do that then they need to convince Javier Arenas to come back from his retirement. 

I am assuming you mean Gilbert Arenas

Otherwise this is an inside reference that even I don't get

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming you mean Gilbert Arenas

Otherwise this is an inside reference that even I don't get

I meant Javier, because he’s Gilbert’s cousin and I figured he might do something stupid. He was actually fairly decent when he played for Kansas City (if I’m remembering correctly).

The only reason I know they’re cousins is it used to be referenced a lot when Javier was in college. 

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Confirmed.  Has to be baseball money. 

If I had to guess I’ll guess fairly low, and say 375 million. Which I get 37.5 per would be the new record, but for a generational talent that’s still fair to KC.

The thing I’m intrigued by is how much crying will Dak do now? Since his franchise tag signing date is in 9 days. 

Funny thing: This story "broke" in KC when a liquor store owner tweeted that a Chiefs employee was buying celebratory champagne for a signing that wasn't Chris Jones. 

Also, we'll see, but I'd be shocked if Mahomes gets less than 40 per. Although the current popular rumor is his yearly rate will just be a set percentage of the cap, and so go up as it does (if, after this pandemic, it does). 

Edited by Beech27
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

How much of it is guaranteed is the big thing

I think the part that's guaranteed is Dak demanding a trade out of Dallas if he isn't paid a literal half billion dollars. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I think the part that's guaranteed is Dak demanding a trade out of Dallas if he isn't paid a literal half billion dollars. 

And considering as I’ve posted before his stats suck against teams with a winning record. So yeah he can take a flying hike, and I’m sure Jerry will tell him to do exactly that (as a Giants fan I’d love it if they blow fifty million per on such a crap QB, but I know they won’t).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Schefter is saying 450 million with a 140 mill injury guarantee.  His overall guarantee is still being worked on.

Also said there's no salary cap percentage language