DVDVR Message Board

SDL Gets These Hips - 12/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Mella/Mandy was decent.

Lacey's Moment of Bliss promo was ok. Dug how everything led into the tag match which was solid. I don't buy Lacey as a great face or anything, but they aren;t doing a terrible job with this feud. Still kind of befuddled though why they went with Lacey and not Carmella for this current spot.

Missed some of the early parts of the 6-man tag, but what I saw in the last half was pretty good. Nakamura and Cesaro are a nice team.

The constant cancels of the no. 1 contenders match was weird, but I loved the eventual match when it finally happened. Miz and Bryan were awesome together be that teaming up or fighting. Loved how they teamed up against Corbin, but never forgot what they were competing for or the fact that they kind of hate each other.

Haven't watched this show in forever so here's some thoughts. 

- Opening six-man is fun and it opened all kinds of questions in my mind as to Nakamura and his mindset as to being in the WWE vs. NJPW. I know the schedule is probably a nightmare but I imagine the lack of abuse on his body and the expectation of being a top guy is worth it. After you've held that position, why not go for a lesser role? You might get to learn a new language and see the world to boot. 

- Lacey turning into Dusty was unexpected, and using a kid as heat is so carny you can't help but love it. Sasha breaking out the cravate rules. Nikki in those pants... well that's another kind of rulingness.

- Dolph, shut the fuck up/Dolph, go the fuck away

- Can't believe I'm saying this but Bryan vs. Miz has the looks of a classic feud. It's weird because they're working face vs. face but it works. Corbin is great cannon fodder. They didn't have the imagination to do the double Yes Lock but maybe that's better staying in my head. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

- Can't believe I'm saying this but Bryan vs. Miz has the looks of a classic feud. It's weird because they're working face vs. face but it works. Corbin is great cannon fodder. They didn't have the imagination to do the double Yes Lock but maybe that's better staying in my head. 

Trying to recall was Miz using the Yes Lock when he was stealing Bryan's moves? The kicks and busaiku knee were the big ones he took.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Didn't he do it badly too, like Rocky Sharpshooter bad? 

I feel like we would remember if he did the Yes Lock as bad as the Rock's Sharpshooter. The busaiku knee was always the weird one to me, mostly because he did way better than he probably should have been able to.