DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA on Christmas

Dolfan in NYC

NXT is pulling a WrestleMania 2 and coming from different locations!   King Kong Bundy will not be around though. ?

ON TAP:  

THE RODERICK STRONG NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP OPEN CHALLENGE

Keith Lee/Lio Rush vs. Damien Priest/Tony Nese

Shane Thorne vs Sean Maluta

Candice LeRae vs. Taynara

Bianca Belair vs. Shotzi Blackheart

---

Everything's pre-taped, so yup.  

I'll watch this because I'll be bored at that time on Christmas night, and mainly because Candice and Shotzi will be wrestling. I know who Roderick's opponent is, and I've never seen him wrestle, so I'm curious. But I'm a fan of Roderick, so I'll watch this. I wish I cared about anyone not named Keith Lee in that tag team match, but hey, whatever, I guess. Thorne/Maluta sounds like a nice smoke break match.

Edited by Casey

Thorne/Maluta didn't air but Bronson Reed vs Dijakovic did.

Fun show overall. Roddy/Theory is worth going out of you way to see. Hell of a performance in his debut by Austin Theory. Rodrick continues to show why he's one of the best in the world. I also like Shotzi's debut. Main event was fun with Nese kicking Tom Phillips in the face and Santa Keith Lee.

On 12/25/2019 at 11:28 PM, Tim Evans said:

Thorne/Maluta didn't air but Bronson Reed vs Dijakovic did.

Fun show overall. Roddy/Theory is worth going out of you way to see. Hell of a performance in his debut by Austin Theory. Rodrick continues to show why he's one of the best in the world. I also like Shotzi's debut. Main event was fun with Nese kicking Tom Phillips in the face and Santa Keith Lee.

I've seen a good amount of Austin in Evolve and can safely say this is the best match I've seen from him.  He does some minor things to indicate his inexperience but I see great things coming from him.  I do think the money's in him being the douchebag heel that he's been for quite awhile.

Also really liked the tag at the end but I do worry that they're going to overdo the "Keith Lee coming up like Godzilla" camera shot.  One time was outstanding, twice is fine though not so soon.  But it'll lose its luster if they keep finding ways to have him do that.

Really dug Shotzi/Bianca. Haven't seen much of Shotzi, but she has improved a ton from the few matches I saw of hers from 2017. Hell she seems to have improved even more since that Evolve show that aired on the WWE network earlier this year. Hopefully she does some good things in NXT in 2020.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Funny, I saw the Evolve/Floslam episode of The Wrestlers on TV again last night and thought "they are gonna turn this guy into Cena 2.0". Neat to see his character's taken that turn instead.

Cena was a pretty punchable whiteboy rapper for a while before the rise of SuperCena. It could still go both ways.

• Dolfan in NYC locked, unlocked, unpinned and locked this topic