DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 12/18/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Its crazy how, when a match is announced ahead of time for RAW or Smackdown it screams angle alert, when a match is announced ahead of time fro  NXT people legit get excited expecting a great match.

You're right. Such a difference between main roster and NXT. 

Rhea told SI that she was at that PC struggling to figure out how to execute the Riptide off the ropes, and Cesaro came over to help. Good stuff.

I liked the action on this show, but I didn't care for Ripley's post-match celebration. Too inorganic, and the disparity between the mood in the ring and the mood on the other side of the guardrail was glaring. Should have just had Rhea go into the crowd, even though that's a bit overdone at this point too. 

• Like 1

Cole/Balor was easily Takeover quality. Balor's best in so long.

I really feel for Priest/Dain, like who the hell do you root for? The crowd finally decided to get behind Priest, that in itself was a mircale.

Who in the crowd pissed Shirai off for her to call him bitch? And Is it me or is Garret a lil off? Like I totally remember her being a bit more snappy before she got signed, now she's doing a lot of anticipation (did she get injured recently?).

Grimes... wtf is that german called? That was freakin nasty, should be a finisher.

Ripley just going into convulsions was a different way to react to the win ?

8 hours ago, turk128 said:

And Is it me or is Garret a lil off?

garrett was about the same as usual from what I've seen. Its just that Io is so much more on point than you usually get from other female wrestlers outside of the top joshi talent which Io is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Mauro did use one of convoluted similes on Wednesday to mention that Io is engaged to EVIL, right? I don't think I misheard that one.

Wow, I totally missed that. Had no idea the two were even an item. Kind of wonder if that was ok to mention.

During the Cole/Balor match, Nigel quoted Jordan Peterson, then Mauro said "google Jordan Peterson, kids." Around the 12-minute mark. Pretty bad look to tell your audience to look up misogynist/transphobic videos, but it's WWE, so I'm not surprised. Maybe next week, Mauro will tell the kids to google Richard Spencer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

During the Cole/Balor match, Nigel quoted Jordan Peterson, then Mauro said "google Jordan Peterson, kids." Around the 12-minute mark. Pretty bad look to tell your audience to look up misogynist/transphobic videos, but it's WWE, so I'm not surprised. Maybe next week, Mauro will tell the kids to google Richard Spencer.

I held my nose and tolerated the cuck stuff on Raw but this is the last straw for me. No more WWE in any way that they can monetize me.

• Like 1

Honestly I wouldn't want Rhea to leave NXT. This woman is $$$ and I have no faith in Raw or Smackdown not to send that straight to hell. I think my favorite small moment of that match was when the ref went to check Rhea's arm during the clutch and Rhea grabbed him and shot him the mother of all dirty looks. It's just so rare and so refreshing to see the right person dethrone the champion(even though it was long overdue)in a great match for a feel good moment. Kudos to all involved and hats off to what was probably the best NXT episode since the network move

• Like 2