DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 12/23/19

victor

Because of the Christmas thing, they just taped it. here it is:

Kevin Owens came out for a promo. Before he even got started, Mojo Rawley interrupted. They have a No DQ match.

Kevin Owens b. Mojo Rawley in 7:00.

Owens won after a Stunner and a Pop-up Powerbomb through a table. Owens called Rawley a “little bitch” afterwards and called out Seth Rollins and AOP.

After a break, Rollins and AOP came out. Rollins offered Owens a handshake, but Owens attacked with a superkick. AOP beat Owens down and the heels stood tall.

Bobby Lashley (w/ Lana) defeated Cedric Alexander in 11:00.

Lashley won with a spear. Lana started talking a couple minutes in, and got in the ring, imploring Alexander to “show respect.” The Lashley/Lana wedding will be LIVE on 12/30.

Drew McIntyre defeated Zack Ryder (w/ Curt Hawkins) in 2:00.

Squash. McIntyre won with the Claymore Kick, and attacked Ryder with his old Future Shock DDT after the match, as well as another Claymore on Hawkins. McIntyre cut a genuinely funny promo afterward. He promised that 2020 belongs to him.

Becky Lynch cut a simple promo calling out Asuka. Asuka came out with Kairi Sane. She cut a rough promo in English and then a great one in Japanese. “Asuka Two-Belts” is her goal. Becky replied with “any time, any place” in Japanese.

Aleister Black defeated a local competitor in 0:15.

Squash. Black won with the Black Mass. Before Black could even get up the ramp...

Buddy Murphy defeated a local competitor in 0:15.

Squash. Murphy won with Murphy’s Law.

Black came back out, and they stared down. Black extended a handshake, but Murphy shoved him out of the way. Black then laid out Murphy with a Black Mass from behind.

Ricochet defeated Tony Nese in 2:00.

Ricochet won with the Recoil.

Charlotte Flair defeated Chelsea Green in 5:00.

Flair won with the Figure Eight.

The OC (AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, & Karl Anderson) defeatedRandy Orton & the Viking Raiders (Ivar & Erik) in 12:00.

Styles pinned Orton with the Phenomenal Forearm. They are now 1-1.

Erick Rowan defeated a local competitor in 1:00.

The jobber gave Rowan a candy cane to distract him while he went for Rowan’s cage. Rowan attacked on the outside and pinned the jobber after two claw chokeslams. Still no hint of what’s under Rowan’s canvas.

Rusev came out to a great reaction. Only Orton got a bigger reaction than him all night. He cut a promo on Bobby Lashley, saying he’s thrilled that Lashley’s marrying Lana because he can’t imagine a worse punishment. No Way Jose came out for their match with the conga line.

Rusev defeated No Way Jose in 0:30.

Rusev won with the Machka Kick, and they danced together afterwards.

Rey Mysterio (c) defeated Seth Rollins (w/ AOP) via disqualification in 8:00 to retain the WWE United States title.

Rey hit the 619 but AOP interfered during the splash attempt, causing the DQ.

Afterwards, the heels beat down Rey and cleared the announce table to put him through it. Samoa Joe, who had been doing commentary, stood up to them, ready for a fight. He’s officially turned babyface. AOP then attacked and overwhelmed Joe with the numbers advantage.

Seth then hit the stomp on Rey in the stage, and AOP put Joe through the announcer’s table with their combo powerbomb. Joe looked like he hit his head on the support portion of the table — really nasty

Joe getting involved is a surprise. I figured he was commentating because it would be a bit before he was able to come back. Hope he is ok if that table bump was as nasty as it sounds.

Looking forward to the Becky/Asuka segment.

I like how WWE has been letting people do promos in their first languages more. Even if you don't know what they are saying they come across much stronger in them. Does make me sad that AOP are aligned with Seth. They are already better talkers than Seth and come across well in whatever languages they choose to speak.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I like how WWE has been letting people do promos in their first languages more. Even if you don't know what they are saying they come across much stronger in them. Does make me sad that AOP are aligned with Seth. They are already better talkers than Seth and come across well in whatever languages they choose to speak.

The majority of people speak better than Seth Rollins ;).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

I like how WWE has been letting people do promos in their first languages more. Even if you don't know what they are saying they come across much stronger in them.

I'm guessing, but I doubt they script the foreign languages word-for-word (or if they do, no one bothers to check the actual translation to see if it's being adhered to). I'm sure whenever people are permitted to be let off the leash even a little bit, they really throw themselves into it.

If they continue down this road, though, the "What" chants from the objectively terrible people in the crowd will become an issue again. Maybe let the faces do the bilingual talking, and let the heels get heat in a less uncomfortable way?

50 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm guessing, but I doubt they script the foreign languages word-for-word (or if they do, no one bothers to check the actual translation to see if it's being adhered to). I'm sure whenever people are permitted to be let off the leash even a little bit, they really throw themselves into it.

A few years ago Rusev was interviewed about the time he'd speak mainly Bulgarian on TV.  He said there wasn't much of a script if at all and he'd normally say funny stuff to amuse his Bulgarian fans.  Granted, that might have changed since then but that's how it was for him at the time.

So I guess they just got tired of waiting for Rachel Evers (Ellering) to come back from her injury and they are going to use Chelsea Green and Donna Purrazzo on the main roster.  I always thought the original idea in NXT was Green, Evers, and Purrazzo as a faction.

Edited by hammerva

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

If they continue down this road, though, the "What" chants from the objectively terrible people in the crowd will become an issue again. Maybe let the faces do the bilingual talking, and let the heels get heat in a less uncomfortable way?

Rey does bilingual. trying to think if any other faces do.

Joe got signed 5 -10 years to late, everyone here knows it but his talking skills is top level. He's the only person that can talk people into wanting to see a match. Even when he's given the shittiest angles. I hope he won Vince over through his Commentary so we can get Brock pass out to Joe.

• Like 3

I'm kind of digging the Liv videos. 

The 24/7 stuff with Tozawa and Truth was fun.

Charlotte/Chelsea was a nice little showcase for Green.

Aside from Charlotte/Chelsea and the last half of Rey/Seth I honestly didn't pay a super amount of attention to the matches tonight. I did like what I saw of OC vs. Orton/Raiders and Owens/Rawley.

Loved Joe on commentary tonight. Really dug how he was getting more and more pissed off about Rollins and AOP as the night went on. Made the ending all the better when he stood up to them. Its a damn shame Joe came in so late after so much wear and tear. Even with it I kind of still want him to get a cup of coffee as champ

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Loved Joe on commentary tonight. Really dug how he was getting more and more pissed off about Rollins and AOP as the night went on. Made the ending all the better when he stood up to them. Its a damn shame Joe came in so late after so much wear and tear. Even with it I kind of still want him to get a cup of coffee as champ

Yes, it's a shame Samoa Joe didn't join WWE sooner, still want him to hold a world title but they've never pressed the trigger. Said before that Samoa Joe should've won the WWE Universal Championship from Brock Lesnar and the WWE Championship from AJ Styles. That Styles reign lasted a year and yielded two great matches vs. Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series 2017 and Daniel Bryan on TLC 2018. Rest was a disappointment.

• Like 1

Joe going on a murder spree against the AOP could be so much fun. In a perfect world this leads to Joe/Seth at the Rumble. Assuming Smackdown wins the rumble, we get a RAW elmination chamber match to determine who faces Brock at Mania. Joe wins and he makes Brock tap out in the main event (or opening match depending on Brock's mood that day).

This isn't a perfect world though. So I'm not holding my breath on any of that.

I want Heyman to finally get his Elimination Chamber booking from way back when he wanted Punk to tap out Big Show.

Brock has to defend in the EC and starts the match with Joe.

Brock shoots, Joe blocks and snaps on the Clutch. Brock fights it but passes out before anyone else enters the match.

Other 4 would be Rollins, Mysterio, Ricochet & McIntyre.

• Like 1