DVDVR Message Board

Raw is a Main Event In Any Arena - 12/16/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I paid little to no attention to the Lana/Lashley. I just want better things for Rusev.

I skipped half of OC vs. Viking Raiders. The last half I caught was decent enough. I'd be mor eintot he idea fo the OC being the VR's kryptonite if they were a good team.

The Gauntlet participants might have been questionable, but the matches themselves were fairly good. Loved the angle with Andrade trying to murder Carrillo.

Seth and AoP attacking Rey made sense, but I could have done w/o Seth challenging for the US title. 

Asuka/Deonna was solid squash. Really dug the Becky interview afterward saying why she needs this match with Asuka.

Wasn't all there for Orton/AJ, but I really liked what I saw. Felt like the best match Orton has had in quite some time.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Reading some spoilers for next week's RAW makes me think a certain "unofficially official" NXT stable is coming to RAW.

Hide contents

Chelsea Green debuts next week against Charlotte. That only leaves Rachael Ellering.

Spoiler

Is Ellering still injured?

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You gotta give them credit here, they treated that like the big deal that it was. I didn't see, but did they stretcher him? 

Yep, they were taking him away on a stretcher as Seth arrived.

• Like 1

For the record - and this is going to make almost all of you unhappy - the Rusev/Lana/Lashley segments are doing good quarter hours and huge Youtube numbers

Here is the blurb from the WON TLC preview

Bobby Lashley vs. Rusev tables match - They have advertised this match at all the house shows, including Starrcade, and never delivered it. I was always told the first match would be at TLC. Lashley is a -140 favorite.  If the idea is to keep this going, and given all the TV time devoted to it and the fact it has done well in the quarters (don't get mad at the messenger here guys) makes that probable, Lashley should win with Lana helping out. They need to keep a reason as well after the divorce.

58 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For the record - and this is going to make almost all of you unhappy - the Rusev/Lana/Lashley segments are doing good quarter hours and huge Youtube numbers.

There sure are a lot of assholes on YouTube, aren't there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

There sure are a lot of assholes on YouTube, aren't there?

Off the top of my head here's some things that people can easily find on Youtube:

WWE matches/angles that are  good 

AEW Dark

MLW Fusion

NWA Powerr

Old school wrestling from any company known to man

Free matches from popular indy companies

Cats RKOing each other.

And despite all that people actively looked at the Rusev/Lana/Lashley shit?!  I just don't get it sometimes.  But I would seriously like to know who's watching this and why.  Is this filling the void of a perceived lack of  trashy reality show BS?  Because I'm pretty sure that's still prevalent on many cable networks.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
Didn't mean to bash WWE, just being a wise-ass about the angle.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, nate said:

Some people enjoy nuanced storytelling and intricate plotting with satisfying resolutions.

Some people just like watching dudes get kicked in the balls.

If I had any Photoshop skills at all, I'd Shop Rusev's head on Moleman's body in that Springfield Film Festival episode. 

24 minutes ago, nate said:

Is it wrong that during the entire SS build and eventual secondary titles match I was disappointed Nakamura didn't go for a low blow on AJ even once?

38 minutes ago, nate said:

Some people enjoy nuanced storytelling and intricate plotting with satisfying resolutions.

I haven't been watching this feud, but that sounds pretty good.

This is basically me:

giphy.gif

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Off the top of my head here's some things that people can easily find on Youtube:

AEW Dark

MLW Fusion

NWA Powerr

Old school wrestling from any company known to man

Free matches from popular indy companies

Cats RKOing each other.

And despite all that people actively looked at the Rusev/Lana/Lashley shit?!  I just don't get it sometimes.  But I would seriously like to know who's watching this and why.  Is this filling the void of a perceived lack of  trashy reality show BS?  Because I'm pretty sure that's still prevalent on many cable networks.

Jim Morrison said it best.

Who would know better than the lizard king?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

A lot of the deal with Rusev/Lashley is that it's positioned as important, given a lot of time, and has story that progresses from week to week. They also, to the best of my ability to tell, did a good job keeping them apart from having actual matches for a while with the restraining order gimmick, etc. This is all stuff that they basically never do anymore. Usually before a grudge match guys have wrestled in thirty tags.

14 hours ago, caley said:

I was thinking how funny it was tonight that Impact just made Lashley a big guy who is cocky and can beat everyone and it got over like gangbusters, whereas WWE has had him as a guy who talks about his family; smilin' and jokin' Bobby Lashley; Lashley who poses and shows off his ass while Lio Rush yammers away on the microphone during his matches; and now this thing with Lana and NONE of it has gotten him over.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the only time Lashley really got over was in an environment that wasn't as rigidly produced and could just cut loose. Most people would thrive in those conditions, but Lashley especially seems to get in his own head sometimes in WWE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

How many times has someone on the board tried to have a nuanced conversation about such things, only to be called sheep and WWE bootlickers? At some point, people get tired of being judged by 'smart' gatekeepers and mostly stop talking.

46 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

How many times has someone on the board tried to have a nuanced conversation about such things, only to be called sheep and WWE bootlickers? At some point, people get tired of being judged by 'smart' gatekeepers and mostly stop talking.

Sorry if that was what I implied in that but I didn't mean to bash WWE. There's some pretty darn great things that happen on the shows and without looking into anything I would hope the good stuff gets the attention that trashy angles do.  But FWIW I edited my post. 

To be fair I was being a wise-ass with that post and don't judge those who enjoy it. I just personally think there's much better stuff to look up on YouTube than this whether it's from WWE or elsewhere. For example I quite liked the gauntlet match and Seth as a whiny heel might help him in the long run. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

No one cares if you don't like RAW, SD, NXT, or WWE in general. You don't have to edit yourself on anyone's behalf. But for most of you, if you expect to be heard and respected, then do the same for those who see something differently.

Don't say we're all friends who've known each other for years, then devalue our opinions and say we're over-reacting when we point it out.