DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2020: OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Jim "0-5" Harbaugh wants the NCAA to restore eligibility to players who declare for the draft and do not get drafted. 

This is the right position to take, but I guarantee you, he's saying this because he is taking this position because he's sick of losing his talent to the NFL after two seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jim "0-5" Harbaugh wants the NCAA to restore eligibility to players who declare for the draft and do not get drafted. 

This is the right position to take, but I guarantee you, he's saying this because he is taking this position because he's sick of losing his talent to the NFL after two seasons. 

He also wants to extend eligibility to five years instead of four.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:03 PM, RIPPA said:

Did not see that coming

They are the school my all time childhood football hero Boomer played for so good for them! Fun trivia: his backup was Frank Reich who produced the biggest comebacks in both NCAA and NFL history. If you did a list of greatest pure backup QB's in NFL history he'd be pretty close to the top.

On 5/8/2020 at 6:09 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Aw, that's cute that you think Harbs has recruited players good enough to go to the NFL that fast.

• Haha 1

The Notre Dame-Navy game which was scheduled to be played in Dublin, Ireland has been moved to Annapolis.  Will probably be played over Labor Day Weekend.

This marks the first time in the 94 year history of this series that the game will be played in Navy's home stadium.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:
If I were a college football coach I would simply not tell an obvious lie regarding my players on the same  platform they all use.

This is picking nits but he didn't

He gave a quote to the Athletic

The Athletic reporter then posted the transcript on Instagram

Oh boy, the lawsuit that's going to come from college football players being willfully exposed to a deadly virus without any kind of recompense is going to be... problematic for the NCAA. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zimbra said:

If I were a college football coach I would simply not tell an obvious lie regarding my players on the same  platform they all use.

If I were a college football coach, I would be afraid my players are about to stand up for themselves and demand their piece of the pie.

To follow up on the Alabama story, all players were tested on Tuesday.  The results came back today.  In between now and then, a group of “approximately 50(!!!)” players gathered together for a workout on Wednesday.

So the number of infected players as of today is probably much higher than 5.

• 2 weeks later...