DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2020: OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, Chase Young has decided he forgo the draft and will return to Ohio State. 

Eh... not so fast

Chase Young, the monster defensive end from Ohio State most believe is the best prospect in the country, told TMZ Sports Friday night “the plan” is for him to return to school for his senior year.

But Saturday night in the Heisman Trophy pre-ceremony press availability, Young backed off that comment. He said there is no plan at the moment for next year.

“That moment was just a real spontaneous moment. It caught me off guard,” Young said. “I’m not even really worried about anything in the future. I’m just worried about beating Clemson right now.”

He made similar comments on Friday during the day, repeatedly saying he wasn’t thinking about the NFL yet, though Young did say the idea of teams positioning themselves to draft him is “motivation.” Young is focused on the College Football Playoff and Clemson, the Buckeyes’ semifinal opponent on Dec. 28 in the Fiesta Bowl.

When asked if returning to school is an option, Young said: “I just got to talk about it with my family and just pray. I feel like God will tell me the answer.”

• 3 weeks later...

Cool.  So he has to decide if he's going to be the second quarterback taken behind Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence.  

Fuck him and his bum hip.  Let's give Jordan Love the driver's seat. 

Lots of buzz inside Bama’s prorgam that Tua is staying for another year.  His hip won’t be ready to allow him to do any kind of proper football workouts before the draft.

I hope he goes and starts getting paid for all these hits immediately.  If he comes back, I’ll probably spend every game worrying about him.

Woooooow.  As expected, Lane Kiffin wastes no time in creating controversy at Ole Miss:

He has hired DJ Durkin to be the new Rebel defensive coordinator.  You may remember him as the psycho former Maryland HC whose program worked a kid to death.  After a year off, he walks back into a P5 coordinator job.  Unreal.

Things are getting juicy in the Magnolia State:

Mississippi State is strongly considering firing Joe Moorhead due to a variety of factors (subpar play, off the field issues).  He had been considered safe after beating Ole Miss in the Piss Six game last month.  Of course, the unspoken issue here is that Ole Miss has since upgraded their coaching situation and NOBODY thinks Moorhead can hang with Kiffin.

Would be amazing if Mississippi State hires Hugh Freeze.

• Like 1

And Chase Young has officially entered the draft

Meanwhile - pretty much every single former NFL player asked is screaming that Tua needs to enter the draft (they aren't wrong)