DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2020: OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

All the while, Nebraska is literally practicing as I post this. Quite a chaotic and possibly historic day.

Well if you take the reports at face value that the conference that do play will welcome all the other teams with open arms - I can see why Nebraska would be pulling a NANANANANA NOT LISTENING!!!!

That being said - there are a million different roadblocks to ALABAMA AND GEORGIA PLAY EVERYONE~!

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming everyone is scrambling because Harbaugh released all his "facts" and the only man who can dispute them is Scott Steiner

So that's the type of shit they teach at Michigan.   GO BUCKEYES

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It took a whole 15 minutes for the Texas and A&M are going to totally play this year!!! bullshit to start.  CFB media just cannot stop with that shit.  

2 months after world war 3:  "Well Dave, nuclear winter has set in.  The remainder of society will be living in bunkers for the next 50 years.  Will this be what finally restarts the Texas/A&M series?"

15 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Our large, wet president has tweeted about #wewanttoplay so expect this whole thing to get way stupider really quickly.

Yeah!  Give Trevor Lawrence myocarditis to own the libs! 

Fuck.   Just end this already. 

(And this is going to be 10x worse when it's the NFL's turn to cancel the season in about 2 weeks.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lawrence probably has the least to gain of anybody here.  Assuming they cancel the season, the next NFL draft will start with "With the first pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select Trevor Lawrence, Quarterback, Clemson."

And you just know el Presidente just saw the "We want to play" headline, and doesn't understand the significance of the players organizing, or that they are asking for more than the season to start.

Edited by Robert C

Again this argument of "they are more safer here then they would be at home" doesn't hold any water WHEN YOU BRING THOSE PEOPLE TO CAMPUS.    The only way you can pull this off is complete isolation of the players from the students and anyone who has been to college knows that is almost impossible.    Just ask Louisville

• Like 2

There is no bigger strawman than, "canceling football won't make the virus go away." Nobody is claiming that it will.  The problem is that it hasn't gone away and until it does playing football is hugely unnecessary. 

• Like 1

Maybe I am reaching but I wonder how different the view for conferences would be if what happened to Maryland last year with Jordan McNair didn't happen. 

Also still don't understand this whole "we are going to go to another conference" idea.  I mean if I am the SEC and i was thinking of adding schools for one year like something like SEC North and SEC South,  what makes you think the Nebraska and Iowa would be selected anyway.   

Edited by hammerva

All the inside reports indicate that the Big 12 holds the fate of Fall football in its hands now.  If they cancel, the ACC and SEC will fall in with the majority.  But they are desperately trying to convince the Big 12 to stick it out, behind the scenes.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1