DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2020: OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

When futbol fans ask if fans in the US ever gets as crazed as fans in Europe or South America in terms of tribalism,  thats the example I cite. 

I would assume that the same futbol fans still looks at trying to kill a sacred tree like "that's it"  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seeing how badly baseball is playing out, even with much smaller rosters and more controlled environments, I don't see any way CFB makes it long, if it starts at all. 

The level of lunacy is sometimes almost comical.  It's hard to know whether some of these schools are fooling themselves, or they know they're screwed and are just trying to make things sound good.  Texas, like a lot of other schools, is still planning for half full stadiums.  Meanwhile, they've told the students that parties, whether on campus or off, are banned.  I kind of assume that they realize there will be at least a thousand violations of that before school even starts, but I dunno.  This is the same bunch that list me as having an engineering Bachelor of Arts degree on my official transcript, so maybe they actually believe the students are gonna comply.

Also, I assume what's going on in the Pac-10, Idaho, Colorado State, etc is just about the NCAA's worst nightmare.  The players are waking up and realizing that they might actually be able to change the system.  No idea how it will play out, but this feels different from the past where the all powerful NCAA held all the cards.

Edited by Robert C
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Also, I assume what's going on in the Pac-10, Idaho, Colorado State, etc is just about the NCAA's worst nightmare.  The players are waking up and realizing that they might actually be able to change the system.  No idea how it will play out, but this feels different from the past where the all powerful NCAA held all the cards.

Apparently Big 10 players are joining in with the Pac 10 players now too

• Like 2

Facing revenue loss, Badgers ask fans to donate football season ticket money

Well that's a really good idea.  There are a lot of charities that could probably use that mon-

The University of Wisconsin athletic department acknowledged Wednesday that fans won't be able to use the football season tickets they've already secured for a 2020 season that remains in question.

But the Badgers, facing a revenue loss of at least $60 million this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic, are appealing to fans to let them keep that money as a donation.

Oh.

No thank you.

• Haha 4

Notre Dame/Navy went from being in Ireland to being in Annapolis to not happen at all as Notre Dame's only "non-league" game this year will be against Western Michigan

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Notre Dame/Navy went from being in Ireland to being in Annapolis to not happen at all as Notre Dame's only "non-league" game this year will be against Western Michigan

Man, if my alma mater pulls off this upset, I've got a Facebook friend that will never hear the end of it.

• Haha 1

Raul is Tagovailoa is eligible to play at Maryland this year, presuming there are any games to be played.

Excited to see him play, but I have no idea how he qualified for a transfer waiver.  He explicitly transferred for playing time.  The NCAA!

• Haha 1

There will be no FCS playoffs in the fall as now less than 50% of the eligible teams are participating in the Fall (The 50% was a mandate from the NCAA)

The Big Sky and Pioneer Football League each announced today they won't have Fall participation which is what pushed the number lower than the threshhold

It is possible everything will still be shifted to the Spring