DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 12/11/2019 ​​​​​​​​​

Dolfan in NYC

Set for tonight:

NXT CHAMPIONSHIP #1 CONTENDER TRIPLE-THREAT MATCH: Keith Lee vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Finn Balor

Dakota Kai vs. Mia Yim

FOR THE NXT CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Lio Rush (c) vs. Angel Garza

Rhea Ripley confronts Shayna Baszler

Garza/Rush wasn't as good as their first match, but ti was still pretty nice and different with things getting a little more personal. I'm pleased Garza is champ. Kind of surprised they showed Garza proposing to his girl afterwards. Was a nice little moment. Hope they are happy together.

I was happy to see Raul get a win for once. Kushid taking and wearing Grimes hat was amusing.

Kai/Yim was good though that table bump post match was scary. Hopefully whatever stip match they get later doesn't have anything that bad.

Banks/Ryker was a decent little showcase for Banks. 

KC/Bianca was good and easily the best match and performance Carter has had on NXT tv. Hopefully she gets more chances to show off. 

Breezango showing up again was nice. I love how hey change their entrance each time, and Beth always has a wonderful bit of commentary with Nigel when it happens. Kind of suprised on how they ended the match with the Singh Brothers. That was rough for those poor bastards. Hope they do more with Breezango. its kind of weird they haven't gone after the tag titles yet.

The triple threat was unsurprisingly great. Ciampa actually getting Lee up for the ARC was kind of amazing. Dug the finish quite a bit. Finn vs. Cole is a weird match for me. Heel vs. heel always is. Kind of disappointed since it feels like Cole wins for sure now.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Garza/Rush wasn't as good as their first match, but ti was still pretty nice and different with things getting a little more personal. I'm pleased Garza is champ. Kind of surprised they showed Garza proposing to his girl afterwards. Was a nice little moment. Hope they are happy together.

As a story, I thought this match was better.  I loved that Garza basically won because Lio wouldn't let him rip his pants off, and that ended up being the catalyst to the finish.  Garza has absolutely got the "it" factor.  Such a smarmy heel, then he's the ultimate good guy in the post-match.  

Bummed that Lee ate the pin but he got to show way too much for me not to think they aren't saving him for something later.  If he's not in the Takeover main event in Feb though, my mistake.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Bummed that Lee ate the pin but he got to show way too much for me not to think they aren't saving him for something later.  If he's not in the Takeover main event in Feb though, my mistake.  

Totally agree on all counts.  I hated Keith taking the loss but there were a few little spots that he really looked great in that made me think that it was more of a showcase with a bad ending than a convenient loss for Lee.

29 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Lee really needs to be main eventing one of the shows Wrestlemania weekend be that Takeover or Wrestlemania itself.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

It's the second time he clearly had the match won, but he hesitated with the big finish and he paid for it (same finish for Dijakovic, he went for the moonsault but took too long to do it.)  I'm optimistic on Lee because he was booked as a total loser not even three months ago.  I feel like they're still building, he's getting that "he's almost there" treatment, not the Daniel Bryan "Fuck you, we'll tell you who to cheer for" treatment.

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Lee really needs to be main eventing one of the shows Wrestlemania weekend be that Takeover or Wrestlemania itself.

He ain't main eventing WrestleMania. Not next year or the year after or probably the year after that. Whatever high he was on with Survivor Series is gone by now on Raw or SD and the only reason he was booked so strongly on those shows to begin with was to make NXT look strong.

That's a cynical way to look at things, but I have so little faith in then actually capitalizing on Keith Lee when they're probably thinking of having Lesnar main event against Fury.

30 minutes ago, Craig H said:

He ain't main eventing WrestleMania. Not next year or the year after or probably the year after that. Whatever high he was on with Survivor Series is gone by now on Raw or SD and the only reason he was booked so strongly on those shows to begin with was to make NXT look strong.

That's a cynical way to look at things, but I have so little faith in then actually capitalizing on Keith Lee when they're probably thinking of having Lesnar main event against Fury.

I don't really blame you for benign cynical. Even when they go the generally right direction on the main roster they tend to screw things up on the way there.

6 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I think we are seeing UE morph into faces and that the OC are showing up to help Balor win. I've felt this was coming ever since Balor showed up on NXT. 

We then get OC v UE super insidery/shoot/work/woot/shork promos and matches through until Takeover: Mania

I so hope that doesn't happen.

Rush/Garza was another Takeover quality match.

KC/Bianca was a surprising solid match. I really didn't have high expectations but they worked well together.

Would like for the Singh Brothers to stay around in NXT.

The triple threat had awesome timing, the camera work keeping up with it really helped.

Garza/Rush was quite the awesome match and I loved the sense of urgency that they had throughout it all.  It was Garza's time and I'm glad to see him win but it's going to be weird seeing him get kisses from women when they show him propose to his girlfriend.  Awesomely sweet moment but it'll be interesting to see what he does next.  Also wanted to point out just how surprisingly intense Breezango were.  They seemed bent on decimating the Singh Brothers and looked like they had something to prove.  This is the type of Breezango I can get behind and wouldn't mind seeing them try for the titles.

Oh, and I hope Dakota's okay as that double table spot did not work all that well for her.  It was in a tight spot anyway with the fans at the end of it but her head bonking that second table had to have sucked.

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

Fuck, now I’m gonna be mad if they don’t do Lesnar vs Fury.

32 minutes ago, Whodathunkit said:

Any update on Dakota Kai?  WWE social media said she needed staples afterwards, would have more info today.

That spot at the end was kinda dumb.  Hopefully she's not hurt any more seriously.  Really digging her heel turn so far.

Sounds like she's ok enough to wrestle this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Whodathunkit said:

Any update on Dakota Kai?  WWE social media said she needed staples afterwards, would have more info today.

That spot at the end was kinda dumb.  Hopefully she's not hurt any more seriously.  Really digging her heel turn so far.

You could see blood on the floor. That's when I got worried.

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You could? I was really hoping that was just my imagination running wild.

Yeah they showed a real quick shot of the ref tending to Dakota before they showed Mia standing tall playing to the crowd. You could see a little blood on the floor for like a split second.

• Sad 1