DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 12/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

I remember the audio for the MJF pre-tape being a little low when it first started playing but it evened out pretty quickly. I don't think the screen blacked out during the Cody tag on the TNT side of things, though.

I watch on TNT and the screen didn't black out during the Cody match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Ha, yet they bleeped right AFTER he said it. So they tried this time at least.

Was it during the Jericho/Moxley thing at the start of the show? Because the crowd was chanting FUCK 'EM UP MOXLEY, so that could explain it.

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

MJF needs to demand his match with Cody be THE MATCH BEYOND, so he can surround himself with Butcher, Blade and Wardlow (and he wants to beat the shit out of Cody in a match that his daddy created). Cody has no friends apparently, so they spend a month having Cody find his team. Night of the Revolution show, he still only has two guys on his team, so it's 3v4. Marty debuts as Cody's fourth, but not until the match is well underway. From there, you can either have Marty actually be a face and help Cody out, or be a heel and beat the fuck out of Cody and cost him the match because reasons.

Show was really good tonight, maybe my favorite? I didn't see any technical issues besides them playing the Jurassic Express theme too early when they were leaving after the match. The audio levels were perfect for 2 hours. Nice balance of wrestling, in-ring promos and video segments.

A couple of things that I'm left wondering. One storyline, one isn't.

• Storyline: Who is that bald dude that Brandi was with? Surely some internet sleuth has figured it out already. I thought this was going to be an all female stable, but apparently not, since Brandi didn't want his identity revealed yet.
  • Non-Storyline: Why are Statlander and Baker wrestling next week for the #1 contendership when they already said Hikaru Shida is the #1 contender? Or was that a fuck up on the announce team's part? As of right now, their rankings show Shida as the top contender, with Kris and Britt at #5 and #4 respectively. Is it to determine who faces Shida for the top spot? I'm sure the rankings are going to change now, since Emi was #3 but lost to Big Swole (thank god).

They said Hikaru was ranked #1, but only by a hair.

Britt Baker and Kris Statlander are ranked at the bottom of the Top 5, though. Emi's ranking will likely change due to losing to Big Swole (and she'll be in the Top 5 most likely), but it still makes no sense for Baker and Statlander to have a #1 contenders match when they're ranked so low, and Shida is (even still) technically the #1 ranked behind the champion, Riho.

I wasn’t expecting much from Cody and QT vs Butcher and the Blade cuz I was all like who the fuck is QT Marshall but that dude can fucking go. Highlight of that match for me.

Cody and Darby as a tag could be fun, a strange bedfellows kind of partnership right there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That and whatever the other highspot he pulled off was looked like the first time he ever tried them. And you know what, it kind of fit. 

It may have been the first time. High flying isn't exactly Marshall's style.

12 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I wasn’t expecting much from Cody and QT vs Butcher and the Blade cuz I was all like who the fuck is QT Marshall but that dude can fucking go. Highlight of that match for me.

Cody and Darby as a tag could be fun, a strange bedfellows kind of partnership right there.

QT has been at it for a long time, at least 15 years. There's a number of his matches up on youtube including one against Bryan Danielson.