DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 12/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

On tap for tonight: 

• Street Fight - The Young Bucks vs. Proud N Powerful
  • The Butcher & The Blade (with The Bunny) vs Cody & QT Marshall
  • Emi Sakura vs. Big Swole
  • MJF responds to Cody’s challenge

Fucking outstanding show tonight. Really fun and it flew by again.

And as much credit as we give Cody for promo of the year, MJF's promo may have been even better. Holy shit. Him, Jericho, and others were all flame throwers tonight. 

Also, poor Kenny. Page left him hanging twice. Brutal.

• Like 5

Also, AEW REVOLUTION IN CHICAGO MOTHERFUCKERS!

And actually in Chicago too. Brilliant idea to pair up the PPV with C2E2. There's going to be so many people coming into the city for that so you may as well go to Revolution too.

Interesting show tonight. I thought there was quite a bit of good stuff. The main event was some car crash goodness. I enjoy that Santana and Ortiz both sometimes sell weapon shots like Redd Foxx simulating a heart attack on Sanford and Son

Jericho was MVP tonight with that opening promo after the Moxley squash and his commentary where he actually put over a bunch of guys while also continuing to be a shithead heel with considerable expertise. 

I most enjoyed Cody and Marshall vs. Butcher and Blade, though. That was just a classic FIP--->hot tag--->FIP puts himself back in peril because he's fired up and loses run. Marshall's awkward, but effective offense really worked within the confines of that match, where he was the overmatched and somewhat out-of-place guy who had the heart to go for it and found flashes of momentum even if the offense wasn't the crispest. 

Luchasaurus continues to be pretty fucking awesome.

I was disappointed that Big Swole calls herself Big Swole but doesn't do a powerbomb. Bullshit. Call yourself Medium Swole. However, she got pissed about Sakura touching her hair without permission, which gave me a kick, and overall, she seems like she has some potential. 

They tried to differentiate between all the cult gimmicks going around a bit more tonight, but they weren't as effective as they could have been.

However, the show was pretty good overall, I thought. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 1

Great show! One of the better outings they've had to date with just about everything landing. Some technical difficulties still plague them but I can easily forgive that when they're delivering incredible promos, an awesome traditional tag match, and a blow away main event with all of the spots (tho god damn did they look silly jumping into tables a couple of times there, lol). Fuck yeah! 

So happy we get Darby and Cody vs. Butcher & the Blade. WILL HE TURN THO!?

edit: and next week! Bucks vs. SCU for the titles and Jericho vs. Jungle Boy. Heck yeah. Does Marty debut then?

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

No need for a turn. On Twitter, Darby said he agreed to tag with Cody on the condition that if they win he gets his Fyter Fest rematch. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Good. I think he's really catching on as a face and reverting to pouting goth kid would undo that. There is a time way down the road once he's an established face but can't quite win the big one THEN he can turn.

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Also, beyond technical difficulties, the TSN censor could not stop hitting the button tonight. And yet I can lipread all manner of saucy language during their spots coverage.   

TNT censored a ton of the profane crowd chants throughout the night.

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Great show! One of the better outings they've had to date with just about everything landing. Some technical difficulties still plague them but I can easily forgive that when they're delivering incredible promos, an awesome traditional tag match, and a blow away main event with all of the spots (tho god damn did they look silly jumping into tables a couple of times there, lol). Fuck yeah! 

edit: and next week! Bucks vs. SCU for the titles and Jericho vs. Jungle Boy. Heck yeah. Does Marty debut then?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. ROH's Final Battle will be in the past by then. As of right now, I'm not even sure Marty is scheduled to be on the card. He went from being in a tag match with Flip, now it's Flip vs. Rey Horus.

17 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Hmm. Then maybe it wasn't just on our end like usual.

Yeah, it wasn't. Any chant that had "fuck" or "dick" or anything more than "shit" or "asshole" got muted. Thankfully the crowd stopped doing it.

MJF needs to demand his match with Cody be THE MATCH BEYOND, so he can surround himself with Butcher, Blade and Wardlow (and he wants to beat the shit out of Cody in a match that his daddy created). Cody has no friends apparently, so they spend a month having Cody find his team. Night of the Revolution show, he still only has two guys on his team, so it's 3v4. Marty debuts as Cody's fourth, but not until the match is well underway. From there, you can either have Marty actually be a face and help Cody out, or be a heel and beat the fuck out of Cody and cost him the match because reasons.

Show was really good tonight, maybe my favorite? I didn't see any technical issues besides them playing the Jurassic Express theme too early when they were leaving after the match. The audio levels were perfect for 2 hours. Nice balance of wrestling, in-ring promos and video segments.

A couple of things that I'm left wondering. One storyline, one isn't.

• Storyline: Who is that bald dude that Brandi was with? Surely some internet sleuth has figured it out already. I thought this was going to be an all female stable, but apparently not, since Brandi didn't want his identity revealed yet.
  • Non-Storyline: Why are Statlander and Baker wrestling next week for the #1 contendership when they already said Hikaru Shida is the #1 contender? Or was that a fuck up on the announce team's part? As of right now, their rankings show Shida as the top contender, with Kris and Britt at #5 and #4 respectively. Is it to determine who faces Shida for the top spot? I'm sure the rankings are going to change now, since Emi was #3 but lost to Big Swole (thank god).
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Show was really good tonight, maybe my favorite? I didn't see any technical issues besides them playing the Jurassic Express theme too early when they were leaving after the match. The audio levels were perfect for 2 hours. Nice balance of wrestling, in-ring promos and video segments.

I had the picture black out a couple times during the Cody tag, and the MJF pre-tape was difficult to hear. Not finished the show yet.

I remember the audio for the MJF pre-tape being a little low when it first started playing but it evened out pretty quickly. I don't think the screen blacked out during the Cody tag on the TNT side of things, though.

• Thanks 1

Fine show, even if MJF talking and the main seemed to last forever. I still had more fun watching Impact last night though. 

I'm also with the Emi haters, that Freddie Mercury shit needs to go. 

The audio mistake with the MJF screen-in-screen was the only audio thing I caught tonight, aside from the bleeper failing to catch I think Jericho saying 'shit'. 

• Like 1