DVDVR Message Board

UFC 245: Usman vs. Covington (12/14/2019) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

FUCK YOU COLBY, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

GET WRECKED MOTHERFUCKER

Fucking bitch. Piece of shit white nationalist motherfucker. MAGA hat wearing asshole. Fuck you.

EDIT: Emotions running high. I haven't jumped out of my seat like this since Stipe won the title back.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

My my...how times have changed

To my credit he's improved a whole hell of a lot since 2015.  He wasn't this fighter in the time frame we were discussing.  I was pretty much on board after he liquefied Sergio Moraes' brain.

10 minutes ago, supremebve said:

To my credit he's improved a whole hell of a lot since 2015.  He wasn't this fighter in the time frame we were discussing.  I was pretty much on board after he liquefied Sergio Moraes' brain.

I was probably the last person here still watching TUF (tbh that particular season my primary purpose was to watch Dan Lambert and Glenn Robinson rip go back and forth), but he looked lights out as a wrestler from that point. Who was going to stop those takedowns? He was that talented. What's scary is he can now supplement that wrestling with effective striking. He got tagged tonight but that was against a guy who very much had a similar career arc. I remember Greg Savage talking about Covington prior to his UFC debut after one of his many trips to American Top Team. It was just a question of could he add the striking to go along with it much like Usman. That's why I always discussed them in the same breath.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

I thought Usman easily had the last two rounds when the fight was stopped but could be wrong. Covington definitely committed the "worked himself into a shoot" sin here considering he was doing a lot of the pro wrestling material as part of his schtick.

Don't think that was an early stoppage at the end either.

First two title fights were sorta underwhelming. Good for Volkanvoski. It just seemed like Max Holloway never really turned it up and got out of second gear. 

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Good for Volkanvoski. It just seemed like Max Holloway never really turned it up and got out of second gear. 

Volkanovski is that good. I don't think there was anything Max did wrong. Volkanovski shut down Jose Aldo who you can still argue after tonight has never really lost a non-title fight. Plus, Volkanovski has incredible cardio.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

I had it 2-2.

What about you?

2-2 headed into the 5th, with Colby winning rds 1 & 4 and Usman 2 & 3. I will agree that all of those rounds were super close, and a 3-1 (either direction) is entirely possible. 

i can see the argument for an early stoppage, but i thought it was fine. Dude had a broken jaw, was dropped with a single shot twice in the last 30 seconds, and was turtling up. would obviously have lost the decision regardless.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, twiztor said:

2-2 headed into the 5th, with Colby winning rds 1 & 4 and Usman 2 & 3. I will agree that all of those rounds were super close, and a 3-1 (either direction) is entirely possible. 

i can see the argument for an early stoppage, but i thought it was fine. Dude had a broken jaw, was dropped with a single shot twice in the last 30 seconds, and was turtling up. would obviously have lost the decision regardless.

I scored it same way. 2-2 with Usman winning rounds 2 and 3, Colby 1 and 4. Colby was winning the 5th till the two knockdowns. Great fight.

Edited by The Natural