DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK FIFTEEN

Gonzo

13 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

This roughly translates to "Tom Coughlin is a dick," doesn't it?

Between Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning, who is least deserving of their praise?  I'd say Coughlin by a country mile.  I talk shit about Eli, but Eli was good to very good most of his career.  I think it's obnoxious that we treat Eli Manning like a child, and not a grown man.  People were on television crying because the Giants benched him.  That is fucking absurd.  If you're a quarterback and you play poorly, you get benched, that's the game.  Getting on television and legitimately crying because a quarterback, who wasn't playing very well gets benched makes you a clown in my book.  With that said, Eli had a very good career, I just never thought he was great.  Having a very good career should be enough of a reward for a quarterback...but nope, we have to pretend he is a Hall of Famer.  He will be inducted in the Hall of Fame, but in my mind only great players should get into the Hall of Fame.  Very good players shouldn't.  All the people pretending he was better than what he was kind of make me resent him, despite me thinking he was very good.

Coughlin was on the verge of being fired, had multiple player mutinies, and generally was a giant dick to everyone for the vast majority of his career.  Somehow him winning two Super Bowls is more impressive than George Seifert winning two Super Bowls, but I'll never really understand why.  My biggest issue with Tom Coughlin is that there are way too many of his former players who can't wait to tell you how much they hate him.  Requiring players to get "mandatory" offseason medical treatments borders on super villainy.  Who thinks it's acceptable to treat adults like that?  Fuck that guy.

• Like 2