DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Kabuki Theater - 12/9/2019

Dolfan in NYC

35 minutes ago, piranesi said:

That was the worst opening segment in the history of this show, right?

I was going to say the same thing. That opening was death. Lana may be the worst in ring "talent" in a long time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, piranesi said:

That was the worst opening segment in the history of this show, right?

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I was going to say the same thing. That opening was death. Lana may be the worst in ring "talent" in a long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Things I liked: 

- Kairi's insane elbow on Becky through the table 

- Kairi's maniacal laugh after kicking Becky backstage 

- Asuka's fiery promo in English/Japanese 

- AOP killing Owens and then the Seth reveal in the van 

- AJ Styles vs. Mysterio 

- The jobber stealing Rowan's sewer rat 

- Humberto vs. Andrade and Zelina's bump  

Things I didn't like: 

- Seth's awful promo with Owens in the ring 

- Asuka and Kairi having to go 15 minutes with Becky 

- Asuka and Kairi getting DQ'd vs. Becky 

- Becky no selling Kairi's insane elbow,  she walked away after like a minute 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

very different from, but really is, my favorite iteration of the top rope elbow since Savage.

Still time for her to commandeer the Buccaneer Boat at WM36

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobbyWhioux said:

very different from, but really is, my favorite iteration of the top rope elbow since Savage.

Still time for her to commandeer the Buccaneer Boat at WM36

Randy Savage's top rope elbow drop will always be the best. We've had some great ones: Kazuchika Okada, Velveteen Dream and Kairi Sane. Eric Young's is underrated.

• Like 2

I hate this show. It's fucking awful. I keep saying, "you know what, I'll give it another try" and I do and I'm rewarded with segment after segment after segment that is fucking terrible. All of this shit with Seth was the most pointless garbage for the last however many weeks. Like, no fucking shit he's a heel.

• Like 3

I fast forwarded through the Rusev/Lana/Lahsley crap aside from seeing Lashley put through a table.

Andrade/Carilllo was so good.

The Owens/Seth/AoP stuff just felt pointless with Seth being the obvious leader. They should have nipped this shit in the bud last week. It didn't need to be drawn out, and Seth needs to be spending less time on the mic. Give the damn thing to the AoP if actual talking needs to be done.

Becky vs. Kabuki Warriors was ok, but unsurprisingly inferior to Kabuki Warriors vs. Charlotte from last week. I was fine with KW getting dqed since it was more a frustration issue than them protecting themselves from a clean loss. I dug the elbow through the table as well. That said, Becky can fuck herself for her shit selling afterward. Her ass shouldn't have been moving again before the commercial. Honestly, after seeing Charlotte wrestle a better match on her own its hard to be interested in the coming tag titles match. Becky is overprotective with her character, and its affecting her matches right now.

Was neat trying to see a jobber get clever with Rowan and paying dearly for it. This was another reminder though that WWE needs to actually announce the why when matches end in referee stoppage. 

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I tried to watch it twice but both times I changed the channel Seth Rollins was on. Since I DVR'd it should I bother trying to flip around on it or should I just trust that the flying elbow was all I needed to see? 

Andrade/Carillo should be watched as well. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Becky is overprotective with her character, and its affecting her matches right now.

I don't know what's going on exactly but I feel they are making a mistake and this is veering into John Cena territory. They either make their babyfaces weak af and complete idiots or they make them so strong that it falls into ridiculousness. That's where Becky is right now. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I fast forwarded through the Rusev/Lana/Lahsley crap aside from seeing Lashley put through a table.

Andrade/Carilllo was so good.

The Owens/Seth/AoP stuff just felt pointless with Seth being the obvious leader. They should have nipped this shit in the bud last week. It didn't need to be drawn out, and Seth needs to be spending less time on the mic. Give the damn thing to the AoP if actual talking needs to be done.

Becky vs. Kabuki Warriors was ok, but unsurprisingly inferior to Kabuki Warriors vs. Charlotte from last week. I was fine with KW getting dqed since it was more a frustration issue than them protecting themselves from a clean loss. I dug the elbow through the table as well. That said, Becky can fuck herself for her shit selling afterward. Her ass shouldn't have been moving again before the commercial. Honestly, after seeing Charlotte wrestle a better match on her own its hard to be interested in the coming tag titles match. Becky is overprotective with her character, and its affecting her matches right now.

Was neat trying to see a jobber get clever with Rowan and paying dearly for it. This was another reminder though that WWE needs to actually announce the why when matches end in referee stoppage. 

Andrade/Carillo should be watched as well. 

It was actually really interesting being able to watch Charlotte and Becky work the same stipulation and same opponents (and similar match length) within two weeks, it highlighted their different styles, as well as the extra-protected booking Becky has.

And agreed, Andrade/Humberto was really good, loved Andrade's transition from a moonsault straight into his running knees. Plus him and Zelina having tension is some actual story development.

Edited by RIShane
  • Like 1