DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame - Class of 2020

RIPPA

54 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Crow Sting from September 1996-April 1998.

That was awesome but I will always put surfer Sting from say 1988-1995 ahead of the Hogans and Warriors of that time frame because the guy was a great freakin worker.  His Vader series alone shits on the other promotions top babyfaces careers. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That was awesome but I will always put surfer Sting from say 1988-1995 ahead of the Hogans and Warriors of that time frame because the guy was a great freakin worker.  His Vader series alone shits on the other promotions top babyfaces careers. 

I can't argue that. The best Sting/Vader match was held at Starrcade 1992. Very fond of The Great American Bash 1992 match. Sting was also part of the greatest WarGames match that year as well, Wrestle War 1992. An underrated Sting match was Submit or Surrender vs. Cactus Jack in November 1991. I've always rated it more than the famous Beach Blast 1992

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I can't argue that. The best Sting/Vader match was held at Starrcade 1992. Very fond of The Great American Bash 1992 match. Sting was also part of the greatest WarGames match that year as well, Wrestle War 1992. An underrated Sting match was Submit or Surrender vs. Cactus Jack in November 1991. I've always rated it more than the famous Beach Blast 1992

I liked his matches with Muta too. I like pretty much everything he did up through about '93 and then Hogan came in and it got dicey. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Crow Sting from September 1996-April 1998.

I prefer Crow Sting seeing such a transformation from Surfer Sting to Crow Sting working how it did vs. The n.W.o. That was awesome. Still irks me how FHH and Fuck Eric Bischoff badly botched Starrcade 1997 up. While Crow Sting is my favourite version of the Stinger, he didn't have the match quality. Only WCW Crow Sting matches I remember are the aforementioned Starrcade 1997 and the two Monday Nitro matches with DDP in March 1998 and April 1999.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'm guessing they won't include Bischoff because he'll be the one doing the induction.

I thought Eric Bischoff wasn't included either for the reason you gave or excluded through WWE pettiness: Bischoff getting fired as Executive Producer of Smackdown and how WCW used to beat the WWE in the ratings.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I liked his matches with Muta too. I like pretty much everything he did up through about '93 and then Hogan came in and it got dicey. 

Agreed. Post 1993-1996, I'd recommend Sting vs. Meng (The Great American Bash 1995), Sting/Savage/Luger vs. Hall/Nash (Bash at the Beach 1996) and WCW vs. The n.W.o inside WarGames (Fall Brawl 1996).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

The whole multiple inductions thing is so dopey. 

Harlem Heat being inducted after Booker T was already inducted, in part due to his time in Harlem Heat, is the biggest headscratcher and the one that really opens the door up to silly multiple inductions.

10 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Okay so I do remember Syxx vs. Eddie in the ladder match at Souled Out.  But that's about the only moment I remember for him.  I honestly believe Soul Train Jones is more synonymous with the nWo than Syxx.   I think Scott Norton is as well.  

Hall/Nash/Syxx vs Flair/Piper/Kevin Green at Slamboree ‘97 was a big one, with it being one of the first big WCW wins against the nWo.

17 hours ago, The Natural said:

That's why I did the ;). Only things I remember from it: Vince's poison promo, n.W.o return at No Way Out, the RAW promo setting up Rock/Hogan and the Match itself at WrestleMania X8.

How could you have forgotten other classic moments like... Booker T being kicked out of the group by Shawn Michaels? 

I think this question came up on Something to Wrestling a long while back and the short answer is that Jacques is an asshole and they didn't do enough to warrant inclusion into the HoF, regardless of what they did in Canada.

However, HTM is a giant asshole too and he made it in so who knows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Well, that too. Fucking Trump and Kid Rock are in it.

What's truly bizarre is that we're discussing the WWE's horseshit HOF when the new inductees to the WON HOF were announced. I shall make a separate thread should I not see one...

• Like 1