DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame - Class of 2020

RIPPA

When I see JBL, I think three things.

1. Long reign as WWE Champion.

2, Joey Styles knocking the bully out.

3 AJ Lee owning JBL on commentary when he mocked her tally marks tattoo for the date she won the WWE Divas Championship.

• Like 2

Was gonna say "he needs gig marks in Sharpie on his forehead" then I noticed whatever the hell they put on his arm to imitate the razor slashes. MILLION BILLION STARS~!

Also, I give Bradshaw a lot of shit, but man would he absolutely stomp your ass. 

I rewatched WrestleMania 20 recently, the Hall of Fame class seemed insanely good. Heenan, Harley, JYD, Sarge, Graham, Ventura, Studd. I'm sure some would argue one or the other, but I found all of them to be worthy of a general American wrestling hall of fame. 

Even the "filler guys" would be good to a degree, like Tito, Valentine and Muraco. Surely not elite, but all had noteworthy careers in WWE.

Of course with it being held every year, it was bound to be watered down, but I'm totally okay with people getting in as a thank you. It's not a real HoF. I'm little disappointed with guys getting in to sell DVDs or whatever. Factions getting in so they can re-induct people and all that stuff. Just seems off to me. 

18 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Also, I give Bradshaw a lot of shit, but man would he absolutely stomp your ass. 

As long as it was part of a Pro-Wrestling match and his opponent was happy to not fight back.

Ron Simmons was legitimately legit. Bradshaw was fake legit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

As long as it was part of a Pro-Wrestling match and his opponent was happy to not fight back.

Ron Simmons was legitimately legit. Bradshaw was fake legit.

My favorite Ron Simmons story is when someone noticed that the Steiner Brothers were always fucking with the other wrestlers in the locker room, but they left him alone.  I forget who told the story, but they went up to Ron, and asked, "The Steiners are always fucking with people, why don't they fuck with you?"  Ron looked him dead in the eye and said, "because I'm unfuckwithable."  He apparently wasn't joking.

Another fun fact, that I may or may not have just made up...Black Dynamite is a Ron Simmons biopic.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am still sorta convinced that they are putting Dennis Rodman in this year

That would make sense  with them doing the Rodman doc for the network.

Edited by odessasteps

21 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Was gonna say "he needs gig marks in Sharpie on his forehead" then I noticed whatever the hell they put on his arm to imitate the razor slashes. MILLION BILLION STARS~!

Blackman beat up Bradshaw while he was laying down on his back.

Bradshaw was a cheap shot artist.

Edited by Wyld Samurai

Bradshaw is the classic bully parents tell their kids "just stand up to him" about. He fucked with Blackman and had to apologize to save himself from getting murdered. Never tried to "test" Shamrock, Angle, Brock, Severn, etc. Immediately became friends with Bubba when Bubba responded to his bullshit "punch the guy for real" by doing it right back.

He's done good charity work. He created Tribute to the Troops. He had a lot of matches I enjoyed, and hit some great lariats. His first run in the booth was great. I have zero problem with him being in the hall of fame, but I also have zero people with Dave Meltzer's first statement on WOL about it being "what a douche"

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am still sorta convinced that they are putting Dennis Rodman in this year

27 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

That would make sense  with them doing the Rodman doc for the network.

Man, they really need to be back in Detroit or Chi-Town for that. 

On 3/4/2020 at 8:07 PM, odessasteps said:

Prob my favorite Bradshaw match, with him vs DustDust

I just noticed that might not be Dustin doing the voice, or the man in the shadow.  That’s probably Bruce Pritchard. Wasn’t Dustin really fucked up during that time period?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Blackman beat up Bradshaw while he was laying down on his back.

Bradshaw was a cheap shot artist.

Jesus, I meant IN A WRESTLING MATCH, people. For example, that lariat he hit Dustin with in that match posted above -- beautiful. 

Him in person, disgusting. 

• Like 1

Davey Boy Smith announced as next inductee. I'm guessing Bret puts him in.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:02 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Him in person, disgusting. 

Absolutely disgusting. As stated, you and a lot of other people need to update your opinion by a few decades

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurningBeard said:

Davey Boy Smith announced as next inductee. I'm guessing Bret puts him in.

Absolutely disgusting. As stated, you and a lot of other people need to update your opinion by a few decades

I doubt any of those kids that weren’t alive during his big run know who the fuck JBL is.

4 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I doubt any of those kids that weren’t alive during his big run know who the fuck JBL is.

If you listen really closely to that video, I'm sure one kid outs himself as a smark. He can be heard saying "I read somewhere that he hogtied Brian Christopher in the shower!" and another kid saying "I don't even want to benefit from his charitable help, he beat up the Blue Meanie in 2005"

• Haha 1

Love to park my money in a tax-free donor advised fund, then only really donate a fraction of a percent of it, then show up at the charity site to keep up appearances, then make a bunch of children who don’t know who I am shout my stage name from when I used to pretend to fight people on television while I record it to put on social media. 

Still not even close to the top ten worst human beings or wrestlers in the HoF, but c’mon. 

• Like 1