DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame - Class of 2020

RIPPA

Why is Waltman getting shoe-horned into that nWo induction?! If you're gonna do that you may as well put Ted Dibiase in there with them haha.

I've recently been watching some of the run when nWo were brought to WWE, my word the production on their entrance was off the charts

27 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

Why is Waltman getting shoe-horned into that nWo induction?! If you're gonna do that you may as well put Ted Dibiase in there with them haha.

I've recently been watching some of the run when nWo were brought to WWE, my word the production on their entrance was off the charts

All I know is Virgil's booking price just doubled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Happy for Batista's induction. WWE lucked into Triple H vs. Batista from 2004 into the second half of 2005 with them headlining WrestleMania 21. Batista vs. The Undertaker from 2007 is one of the best rivalries in company history. Batista's 2010 heel turn was a riot culminating in:

Just now, The Natural said:

This has to be the earliest announcement of WWE Hall of Fame headliners ever, right?

I remember the Ric Flair retirement angle starting in November the year before his Mania match (and induction)

I just don't remember when they officially announced he was going into the Hall of Fame

Otherwise - yeah this is early for them - at least in this current cycle of where they used to announce the first person around Rumble

• Thanks 1

I'm honestly of the belief that one of their only Hail Marys left that night work in the medium term is to give the usual 4life suspects (Balor, Styles, Cole, and a heater, without the extras) the NWO iconography.

If nothing else, they'd make a ton of merch sales.

I imagine this makes it less likely and not more though.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Christian never was nor will be the headliner of a class so there is nothing saying he wouldn't be inducted this year

Yeah, Christian isn't a headliner but he should be in by now. Christian's never had the main event run/world titles that Edge did and that's a shame.

I still have a soft spot for nWo as the start of it was one of the most exciting wrestling angles to watch play out at that time.  As long as it's the original group and not the dozens of members going in then that's cool with me.  And I have no issue with those saying "Fuck Hulk Hogan" but no need for y'all to get so hostile about it.

As for Batista he's half Greek and awesome so you goddamn right I'm happy about him going in.  Can't wait to see the HOF level fashion watch that comes out of this.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

To be fair, the fourth and fifth guys in the nWo introduced before Waltman (Ted and Show, IIRC) are probably pretty far down the list of people most think about with the nWo.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Christian having to wait as he has sucks, his induction is long overdue.

Between this and the Chris Leben tantrum, where the fuck did they buy those doors?  I'm calling shenanigans.  Those doors had to be special made so they could be easily destroyed if one of those guys got pissed off.  Seriously, you'd have to replace your interior doors every 2 to 3 years if they were that flimsy.  

• Like 2

Batista should be the headliner and the last to go on, although I could see his being the longest because of how tearful and emotional he tends to get. 

Also, for those who have or will start questioning why isn't this person being inducted or why this other person isn't being inducted, these are literally the first two announcements and we normally don't start getting any of these announcements until a month or two months before WM.

So with regards to Christian and anyone else, just chill and wait.

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Between this and the Chris Leben tantrum, where the fuck did they buy those doors?  I'm calling shenanigans.  Those doors had to be special made so they could be easily destroyed if one of those guys got pissed off.  Seriously, you'd have to replace your interior doors every 2 to 3 years if they were that flimsy.  

That was the intention. In one of the seasons I want to say the door just, like, fell off. They were all heavily gimmicked because the magic of TV or whatever.

13 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Big Show was a member before Syxx, and is still a WWE employee...he should be in the group inducted.

I could see them holding off on Show because they'd want to induct him individually first.  Considering all he's done it seems like the right move to me.