DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2020

The Natural

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Meanwhile, Mikel Arteta has tested positive for Covid-19 and the Premier League aren't suspending shit.

People here are justly upset about how the authorities have handled this situation but my God, the insanity involved in matches throughout the UK still being allowed (and I don't even think a spectator ban has been announced) blows the stupidity over here out of the water. And one of them is the Old Firm derby that is among the biggest matches in all of world football (if you are from the US and just popped in here not knowing much about world football that rivalry makes Yanks-Sawks look like a game of tidley winks in comparison). How in the heck is that happening???

It's the nature of a league with relegation. If they end the season now, the bottom three teams will be screaming that they would have gotten out of it given the chance and it's not fair they go down. But if they cancel the season, magically they stay up. And the fans of West Brom, Leeds and every team that had a shot at the thrd place playoff scream instead.

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

The word voided was brought up regarding the Premier League. If they try to take this away from us I'm out for good.

Somebody made a joke about this the other day. I said 'If it happens, Liverpool secedes and I'm not even sure I'm joking'. I stand by that.

• Like 1

BPL completely postponed until April 2nd. Bundesliga will apparently play the next matchday, albeit one Match (Bremen vs Leverkusen) was cancelled by the City of Bremen. Then they will join the hiatus. Spain, France and UEFA have followed suite. 

Edit: Bundesliga now postponed aswell effective immediately. No games this weekend. 

Edited by ReiseReise

Someone called theWFPI tonight and suggested the make up games could be made up by just having penalty shootouts instead of full,atches, perhaps having it be 7 v7 or even 11 v 11 shootouts. 

So crazy but kind of ingeneous. . 

If you need your football fix the Russian Premier League is still ongoing and games are streamed live on YouTube. When LigaMX shuts down they may be the only league on Earth still going.

Edit: apparently you have to pay $4.99 a month to access it and given that this shit is breaking out in Russia they will more than likely be getting shut down very soon.

Edited by sabremike

The J. League had just started their season before suspending it due to Covid-19 concerns. They've now said that if they complete 75% of their season, there will be promotions but no relegations and the following season would feature four teams dropping rather than two.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/no-relegation-in-japan-top-flight-this-season-says-j.league_sto7707507/story.shtml

Edited by lostinube