DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2020

The Natural

Impressive number indeed.

I got curious and looked it up: Both Hamburg teams have a pretty good attendance average on top.

HSV is hovering around 48,000 per game (the Derby not yet includes). St. Pauli a little below 29,450, with their Stadium capacity being 29,546.

In early 2000s Japanese attendance evaluation this means Super No Vacancy Full House all season so far, and the average is not likely to drop much. It has been pretty much the same since the stadiums reconstruction finished in 2015. 

Biggest draw in total crowd numbers in 2. Bundesliga at the moment is Stuttgart, who average over 51,000 pg as off now. There are teams with low averages on the other end tjough, bottom three all under 10k per game so far: Fuerth 9,881, Sandhausen 6,966 and Wehen 5,280. The ground of Fuerth and Sandhausen have max capacities of 15,000 and above, while Wehen has 12,500.

On 2/23/2020 at 10:39 PM, odessasteps said:

Back in the 80s and 90s, there used to be 5 or 6 teams in the NHL whose attendance was over 100% capacity for the season. 

I know it's the wrong football for this thread, but how did this come about? Very intrigued! 

I know that the old attendance records in Wembley for instance were over the actual max capacity, far over in fact. But this was for Single games, not for the whole actual season. 

19 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

I know it's the wrong football for this thread, but how did this come about? Very intrigued! 

I know that the old attendance records in Wembley for instance were over the actual max capacity, far over in fact. But this was for Single games, not for the whole actual season. 

I believe it was due to standing room only areas. It was also generally older arenas (like Chicago Stadium and Joe Louis Arena to name of the two). 

I think it can happen now with modern buildings due to luxury box attendances. 

• Thanks 1

FLASH: 81,000 in Madrid deafened by Pep Guardiola's clanking brass balls as he sends THAT lineup out and comes away with the victory. First English club to win at the Bernabeu in 11 years.

Dejan Lovren throws a defence into absolute chaos. A dumb, thuggish barely footballer. 

Worst performance in years. My Arsenal supporting BFF is absolutely loving this. Disappointing, as I thought doing an invincible was possible.