DVDVR Message Board

Purina Presents Smackdown Live - 12/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Odd little show.  

Miz getting beat down by Bray, leading to a non-(?) title match? 

Lacey continues to be the worst babyface on the roster and somehow keeps getting title matches. 

And Roman continues to be the least liked guy in the locker room. 

Also, I feel bad for Dolph's dogs if that is how he thinks they eat. 

Miz getting pulled full blown into a feud with Bray was interesting. Its clearly a time killer, but it does make me curious on just what they plan to do with Bryan post hair ripping.

Alexa/Mandy was decent enough.

The stuff with Drake, Dana, & Elias was ok. Really hope this leads to Drake bringing in people to take out both.

The 4-way elimination tag was pretty good and easily the highlight of the show.

Some won't like the dog food bit. I can understand why. But it works in its old-school simplicity. Corbin knows he has almost no chance of beating Roman in an even match. He's already lost one minion in Roode due to Roman beating him senseless. So he has several goons swoop in to handcuff Reigns, then do the one thing he's been trying for while Roman is helpless--embarrass The Big Dog by using his nickname against him. It's a natural progression of how Corbin operates now.

And to be fair, Corbin and Ziggler were good at having most of the dog food hit the floor. I don't think Roman that much in his face and hair. Still, it has to stink to High Heaven.

If this ends with Roman putting a leash on Corbin after winning at TLC, then it comes full circle.

Imagine seeing a guy get hit with wet Alpo, and that's not the most humiliating thing on the show. Drake Maverick getting bent over Elias' knee and spanked was something else. WWE is in full-on fetish mode these days.

• Like 1

So wait, is Miz facing Bray or the "Fiend"

I find it interesting that Miz was the first person laid out by just Bray as opposed to the Fiend since he came back.  The Fiend has been the "violent" side while Bray has been the mouthpiece, but this is the first time he didnt bust out The Fiend for combat.

I might be reading way too much into this.

43 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I find it interesting that Miz was the first person laid out by just Bray as opposed to the Fiend since he came back.  The Fiend has been the "violent" side while Bray has been the mouthpiece, but this is the first time he didnt bust out The Fiend for combat.

I’m thinking the same thing.

I'm waiting for them to do The Fiend vs Bray at Wrestlemania and just finding some chubby guy to put in the mask or just have it be Bo Dallas.

• Like 1

I think the dog food makes more sense if they go with a Dog Collar Match at TLC - which was the original rumor. (The actual concept of throw some sort of shit over the babyface is normal wrestling. I mean it wasn't actual shit which is progressive for this company)

But they announced BEFORE the show that they were doing a TLC match.

So... yay Vince?!?!?!?!

On 12/7/2019 at 4:30 PM, StuntmanCrowley said:

I always felt the endgame was for Bray to get consumed by the Fiend. I also thought at first that Bray did not know he himself was the Fiend. Now I have no idea where this will lead to. I would be kind of glad if they don't have the Fiend show up every week. 

I kind of expected the Fiend to enter with Daniel Bryan lantern in his next match.