DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 7: Overeem vs. Rozenstruik (12/7/2019) - Washington, D.C. (Capital One Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That may have been the smoothest head feint hook I have seen in a long time. 

I'm at work, so I am missing the prelims.  What Muradov showed Smith earlier in that fight to get him to bite on that poisoned apple?  Smith was obviously expecting to counter with that left hook when he got KTFOed.

I believe it was shots to the body, but he missed a punch earlier in the fight that Felder pointed out that would have done the job.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Y'all are killing me.  Why do the prelims have to be so good when I am on shift?

I'll get out in time to watch the main card and knowing my luck, I am sure it will be a snoozefest.

I wouldn't say so much good as much as it's the UFC version of the Bellator prelims except some of these folks are UFC caliber.

• Like 1

Your comp to this being like a Bellator undercard was perfect. Just a mean squash match. I don't hate it. It's an effective way of building momentum for younger fighters among hardcore fans.

Absolutely brutal.

• Like 2

It was more cumulative damage than one stand out moment. A flawless victory.

Song Yadong... I'm super excited. But... Now I can only think of Anik saying "it's Yadong" like he does "it's ya boi!" for Eryk Anders' nickname.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It was more cumulative damage than one stand out moment. A flawless victory.

Song Yadong... I'm super excited. But... Now I can only think of Anik saying "it's Yadong" like he does "it's ya boi!" for Eryk Anders' nickname.

Keep doing the Lord's work, Oyaji.

Only about one more hour to go.  Then I can bounce to B-Dubs to catch the boxing match and smuggle my tablet in to watch the UFC on their fucking wi-fi.

Edited by J.T.

55 minutes ago, username said:

I only caught the main card and while some of the fights were fun the overall pacing was just awful, took basically 4 hours to get through 6 fights and 3 of them were stoppages (the last one didn't save much time). 

1. You can blame some of it on Ben Rothwell going on an all out assault on Stefan Struve's testicles. That tacked on at least 10-15 minutes on that fight to allow Struve to recover from fouls. 2. They did several pieces for the Stuart Scott Memorial Cancer Research fund throughout the night so that certainly can be forgiven.

• Like 1