DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 12/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

On tap for tonight:

Dakota Kai vs. Rhea Ripley

Adam Cole & Undisputed Era's response to Finn Balor's attack

Lio Rush and Angel Garza continue their feud. 

Kushida is back

--

I'm gonna guess here, but I think Kai is going over based on Baszler-ference.  Otherwise, neither of them can really afford to take an L right now. 

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Kai/Ripley feels like its happening too early. Assuming Shayna interferes do they have her and Kai join forces or does Kai stick to herself?

I mean, they already have a female Johnny Gargano, why not do a female Finn Balor too?  ? 

Was nice to see a follow up to last week with Xia taking on Shayna in a competitive squash.

The Kai/Yim brawl leading into the Horsewomen attack on Rhea was all good stuff.

The six-man tag was nice. Really hope Lee gets the win and takes the belt off of Cole. We really need to end the year with Rhea and lee as champs.

I really can't remember the last WWE guy who got the left for dead treatment and was then turned into a goddamn star like Keith Lee has.  He was literally beneath ACH three months ago losing every match and cutting inane promos.  He's coming off as THE guy right now.  

• Like 1

Wade Keller hinted that his unapologetic swagger had won him some ‘pay your dues, kid’ purgatory in the short term but, whether that story is BS or not, it’s fantastic to see him being presented so well in everything since Takeover.

• Like 4

The Kai/Yim brawl into the Ripley/Baszler fight was such a great segment. I dug Xia Li going down swinging too. That division has so much talent and they’re using everyone perfectly right now.

Put the title on Keith Lee. Shit, put every title on Keith Lee and then have him win the Rumble and pin Lesnar. The last time I had that opinion of a wrestler was Braun Strowman but Lee is more polished and can actually talk. It’s clear they know they have something with him, I hope they can get the most of this momentum. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I really can't remember the last WWE guy who got the left for dead treatment and was then turned into a goddamn star like Keith Lee has.  He was literally beneath ACH three months ago losing every match and cutting inane promos.  He's coming off as THE guy right now.  

Seriously, Keith Lee was dead in the water when the injury bug bit both him then Dijakovic. Whatever momentum was there became negative and It felt like such an huge hurdle to overcome.

It's obvious he isn't going to stay in NXT for long, he's just too great of a package (especially with  his size).