DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2019-20: Conference Championships

Dolfan in NYC

23 minutes ago, EVA said:

Jalen Hurts ends his college career a perfect 3-0 in conference title games.

And the fact that he has a better chance of making the BCS playoff this year than the person who replaced him.   Although he would have to win in Oklahoma to equal him in titles

Those poor Baylor kids are going to be haunted by this season forever. Blow the big lead to Oklahoma for their only loss in season, and then make their own comeback in the rematch only to lose in OT. That's gonna sting.

Michigan/Alabama is about as attractive of a matchup a midtier bowl could ask for. Teams with huge fanbases, has national followings, and they haven't played since the 2012 opener. Haven't played in a bowl game since Tom Brady was in Maize and Blue. And, just for fun, they are tied all-time at 2 wins each.

Yeah I would avoid Clemson like the plague in the semis.  Oklahoma is tough as hell but I don't think their defense can handle either Ohio State or LSU

Well Ohio State didn't come to play tonight.   Especially on defense 

Edited by hammerva

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Yeah I would avoid Clemson like the plague in the semis.  

Especially a 3rd seeded Clemson that will have plenty of motivation to feel "disrespected" by the ranking.

I don't see the argument for LSU at #1 over Ohio. Ohio has more top 25 wins, won them by a much larger margin, had a higher opponent winning % - and didn't play an FCS school. I'm not impressed by LSU beating Georgia, a paper tiger at 11-1 for sure. Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan and Minnesota all would best Georgia. 

If there was a paper tiger in the Top 10, it was Penn State, who struggled mightily with every decent team they played but managed to eek out enough wins against solid but overvalued teams like Iowa and Michigan to hang around.

would likely finish 6th in SEC.

Edited by EVA