DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Chained Heat - 12/2/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I didn't mind..  I'd like to see her do something else other than this lame SCSA cosplay.  

You could say the same about Kevin Owens, but Owens gimmick seems more Angry IWC Twitter Handle more than anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

You could say the same about Kevin Owens, but Owens gimmick seems more Angry IWC Twitter Handle more than anything.

Becky isn't as convincing in the role as I had hoped she'd be and Kevin Owens isn't convincing at all in part because management fined him $100,000 and then he acted like it was the end of the world and apologized....    a real badass move there. 

• Like 4

Just now, Infinit said:

Sucks that they're making the cruiserweights JTTSs. They couldn't find a hometown jobber ( or 2) for Drew to destroy instead of Tozawa?

What really annoyed me was Lawler shitting all over Tozawa. At least Samoa Joe was putting over that Tozawa has some pretty damn good strikes he can get you with. You could almost hear Vince screaming HE'S NOT EVEN 6 FOOT TALL. HOW THE HELL IS SOMEONE THAT SHORT GONNA KICK MY ASS?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Becky isn't as convincing in the role as I had hoped she'd be and Kevin Owens isn't convincing at all in part because management fined him $100,000 and then he acted like it was the end of the world and apologized....    a real badass move there. 

When you're married you need to pick and choose your badass hills to die on. Kevin Owens the FAMILY MAN who prize fights for his FAMILY would certainly prioritize his wife demanding to know why they can't pay the mortgage bill this month than he is of wrestling badass street cred.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Another for the "all wrestling crowds are shit" file - are we really doing "What?" in 2019 at all, let alone in response to people speaking a different language?

And you skipped right over the part where WWE is sending their heels out to get heat by using a foreign language.

18 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

And you skipped right over the part where WWE is sending their heels out to get heat by using a foreign language.

I chuckled at Charly.. "I'm sorry, I don't speak Albanian nor Punjab. Would you mind translating that for me?" Ha!

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

That's shit in 2019 too.

WWE isn't scripting the crowd, though, so the crowd is accountable for its reactions. 

I still wish they were going forward with Charlotte & Natalya against the Kabuki Warriors, considering that's the team that actually beat them and got zero followup, rather than forcing Becky into that spot.

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

Agreed. Been an instant channel changer for me.

4 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I think that is because most of them are seemingly more comfortable and come across better when speaking those languages. 

Happy to see Drew looking strong, whoever it’s at the expense of. He has one of the biggest upsides either as face (see Drew in Impact) or heel. 

Heres hoping he’s not just shoehorned in as a ‘heavy’ with a channel-changer like Ziggler yet again, and gets to be his own man.

• Like 4

On 12/3/2019 at 3:30 PM, DreamBroken said:

Too many squashes. But can't get enough Charlotte vs Kabuki Warriors, that was awesome. Mentioned last week that Charlotte/Asuka has been my favorite opponent pairing in the company. After this, I hope a long Charlotte/Kairi singles happens next. Main event was fun, great finish.

Here’s hoping, that match should be awesome when it happens, even if it would have been cool back when Kairi was a face. Two things that struck me watching the handicap match is how Asuka and Charlotte are excellent at making their work feel like a fight, and how even during submissions they’re always moving and struggling so it doesn’t feel like a rest hold.  The pacing was great too, it was basically all-action for fifteen minutes. 

• Like 1