DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs XI - 12/15/2019

Dolfan in NYC

22 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'm gonna be as annoying with this as others are with Fuck whoever, but Bray Wyatt fucking sucks.

I only caught the finish of the Miz vs Wyatt match but I was delighted to see they didn't do the red lighting thing last night but , I guess its only when he's not the Fiend. I hope the double back on the Fiend. Atleast when Balor was doing the Demon gimmick it didn't hinder his work in the ring, Not to say Bray was ever really good in the ring. I like the Fiery Funhouse stuff but then the bell rang and the bells and whistles 

Bryan is inconsistent on that.   So I'll spell it out.  If it's someone Bryan has no opinion on or doesn't care for then he will say they are "reckless" or they were a danger.  If it's someone he personally likes then he'll mostly look the other way.  They have a relationship with the Flair family.  

17 hours ago, The Natural said:

Dana's right. Same thing happened to Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka at WrestleMania XXXIV.

Dana's viewpoint is pretty narrow on this one.

First, Asuka and Kairi are heels. So why should we be that invested in them celebrating? Especially if Kairi couldn't do so?

Second, I imagine the refs were finally aware of Kairi's injuries and were sending for doctors. So the brawl, while clearly already planned, was probably done at that exact point so Kairi could be treated off-camera.

Third, we've seen countless men have their victories interrupted to further other stories over the years. 

With all that said, they handled the situation poorly. Referees were unaware, no one from the back noticed despite the 50 cameras they have around the ring, and Charlotte's situational awareness was lousy. You can't be considered one of the best if you can't pick up on your opponent being that hurt.

It could have gone much worse. Thankfully, it didn't. Kudos to Asuka and Becky for protecting Kairi as best they could. Back to the drawing board regarding CTE protocol, WWE.

• Like 2