DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs XI - 12/15/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Even if you decide that Charlotte was unaware of Kairi's condition during the spear spot and excuse her for the slap,  which I wouldn't but how can you then excuse her also for the powerbomb spot when Kairi clearly cannot get up for it?   

Either Charlotte is unprofessional,   has a complete lack of awareness or both.  

• Like 3

i mean seriously there is NOTHING that the Miz could have done to make Alvarez like what he does.  Him and Meltzer despises the very existence of the Miz much what he does in the ring. 

Yeah he should have been more aggressive but that happens with all matches.  I mean the main reason why Triple H vs Randy Orton is one of the worst main events in WM history is because of that same issue

Edited by hammerva

It was non-title, yet Miz still lost.  He has his family threatened, still did the goofy entrance and didn't act like it.  And Bray was Bray and didn't do anything different than he does as The Fiend, except we learned that the red light was to hide how much Bray FUCKING SUCKS.

• Like 6

Fun trivia, Becky Lynch is the first woman to main event back to back WWE ppvs.

Was it just me, or did it seem like there were more big spots no-sold this year? I swear if they ran TLC 1 today, Bubba Dudley would've been dueling with Edge at the top of the ladder for the finish.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I don't blame Asuka for looking like superwoman in the finish, fighting off Becky and Charlotte at the same time and winning single handedly. She was probably doing Kairi's spots too.

Sorry, had to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Did anyone actually expect Miz to stand up for his family though?

Considering how he'd use his wife as a human shield, not really. There are some people who are just natural faces or heels, and trying to take Miz seriously as a face means forgetting pretty much everything he's done since before the Shane feud.

Finally saw the main event. The pearl clutching over a weak working slap is ludicrous, but whatever. Reminds me of people's overheated reactions to Nia before Survivor Series last year when the knives were already out for her. 

Charlotte going for the powerbomb though? Especially after how clearly out of it Kairi was at that point? Piss-poor professional judgement. Should have found a reason to pivot back to Asuka. No ref finding an excuse to step in? Bad look. Unfortunate situation all around, especially for Sane in what would have to be the biggest match of her life. Hope she has a full and speedy recovery. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Even if you decide that Charlotte was unaware of Kairi's condition during the spear spot and excuse her for the slap,  which I wouldn't but how can you then excuse her also for the powerbomb spot when Kairi clearly cannot get up for it?   

Either Charlotte is unprofessional,   has a complete lack of awareness or both.  

“Got to get your shit in” or they had to do their robot match spots like TJP discussed in his Reddit ama. 

Charlotte should really dial it back a bit and just ride her last name instead of the Indy darling style she does now at least until she finds her figurative Steamboat to go all out with. 

That said I don’t want to just single her out. Becky needs to watch a shitload of post neck break peak SCSA and Sasha is looking to build an injury list to rival Foley’s without even doing the hardcore crap. 

I understand at the beginning of this “revolution” the need to go out and make an impression but I think enough time has passed and the women are established enough now. 

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm legit shocked she's not being ratioed.  Eh.  

So, anyway, who can identify the 4 indie plants fans? 

According to Dave, one of the guys was on 205 Live this week.

Which, I mean, nobody watches it anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter

That Show was really awful. Not to say there weren't some good moments, but it was really bad overall. 

The Bray Wyatt thing was really intriguing at first, but they completely messed it over. Either you go all out with the Fiend being a different entity in Bray's mind or you don't. As it is now, they basically build both directions, and just seems to be the result of shitty writing. 

I really felt like Miz carried himself well in this short programme, aside from the fact that the match with all the segments including the criticized entrance were absolute shit. 

Some liked the Opener, I found it to be the epitome of what is bad about wrestling today. All guys ate some incredible high Impact moves, only to pop up within a few blinks of an eye. Adding the usual shitty set ups for weird ladder spots and you have something I'll never enjoy... 

• Like 1