DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs XI - 12/15/2019

Dolfan in NYC

This. Feud. Must. Continue!

Also, well done WWE. They were handed a briefcase full of gold when Roman returned and they've done nothing but piss it away ever since. The sooner they move on from Corbin, the better.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Charlotte deserves tons of criticism, and I don’t have a problem with that, but the bigger complaint to me is why the fuck the ref or anyone else make sure to keep Kairi out of the fucking match!? Jesus, that was about as clear of a concussion as I can recall.

I was thinking this too,  it's been a horrible month for refs.  A couple of the refs in AEW have been atrocious of late too.  Wrestling promotions no longer have to run that story line of the refs fucking up like in football,  they are shoot terrible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Then Charlotte gets mad because Kairi is out of it (by her doing) and can't take a spear properly.  Lack of class and professionalism. 

Seems like there were several moments that could have potentially concussed Kairi so it seems a bit fast to blame Charlotte. Kairi was doing generally fine util the failed table dive. Also I'm pretty sure Kairi fucked up that spear by moving towards Charlotte in the first place. It was kind of obvious they were setting up a spear through the barricade. If Charlotte was unaware Kairi was out of it I can see how she would have been frustrated.

Edit: all that said Charlotte should have recognized Kairi was hurt by the time she hit that powerbomb. That bothered me more than anything else.

Edited by Eivion

New Day/Revival was good, not great.

Murphy/Black was good, not great.

The Miz/Wyatt thing did what it needed to, but why the fuck did Miz come out, wearing his goofy stuff, doing his choreographed poses, and then go into "I'm pissed off and gonna kick his ass" mode when his music cuts? This is the stupid WWE micromanaged bullshit that kills everything dead. The Bryan attack after was great.

I didn't see the kickoff.

The rest I either didn't care enough to watch or just fucking sucked.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Looks like Kairi could have been concussed by Becky and Charlotte throwing shit around at ringside.  

This is a misleading angle. You can see from alternate angles that they didn't come near hitting her head:

In terms of the situation in general, there's been so much outrage about it online (including ones based on the inaccurate belief Kairi got hit in the head by a monitor) and so many assumed motives (Reddit is completely furious)  that I think its worth waiting for more information to come out before making judgements.

33 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

TLC is the worst PPV of them all - a bunch of fundamentally meaningless highspot matches.

And Andrade/Carrillo - which was awesome.

I hate the TLC and Hell in a Cell ppvs so much. Those matches should happen when storylines dictate, not when the calendar does.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

I hate the TLC and Hell in a Cell ppvs so much. Those matches should happen when storylines dictate, not when the calendar does.

I'm no fan either for the reason you provide. I don't have that problem with the Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank PPV's.

Edited by The Natural

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I'm no fan either for the reason you provide. I don't have that problem with the Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank PPV's.

Those are different. They are specific events that set up other shows (same for the Royal Rumble) and those matches don't naturally arise out of a story.

Charlotte has always been rough around the edges as far as execution of moves and spots, she reminds me of Goldberg. She's insanely powerful and athletic but she is not the safest and I enjoy her matches. You add to the fact that the division in General just wants to go out there and kill it so they are very willing to work through shit especially on big events.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

The Bray Wyatt stuff is so hokey and bad anyway I don't know why they didn't just lean into it and have Bryan's change of look come via a time machine

There's precedent for time machines in WWE, too!

new-day-time-machine-1464008488-800.jpg

• Like 1

I do want to say, Baron Corbin using a can of dog food as a weapon was kinda funny. I mean, there's tables, ladders, and chairs all around the ring but he hid a can of dog food under the ring to hit Roman with. 

However my complaint is no one used any of the KFC as a weapon. Sure, they smashed the table. Im talking gravy to the face or a power bomb reversed via drum stick to the eyes. 

• Haha 2

The commentary for Black/Murphy is maybe the only time I've sort of enjoyed Lawler in forever. They were clearly told via headset to keep focusing on Black's jaw and ignore the obviously busted nose, and Lawler having none of it - "Forget about his jaw, his nose is broken! How can you guys not see that!" - was endearing, even if it did throw his partners under the bus.

I would say that was a star-making performance from Black, but that would require a competent follow-up, soooo....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I do want to say, Baron Corbin using a can of dog food as a weapon was kinda funny. I mean, there's tables, ladders, and chairs all around the ring but he hid a can of dog food under the ring to hit Roman with. 

However my complaint is no one used any of the KFC as a weapon. Sure, they smashed the table. Im talking gravy to the face or a power bomb reversed via drum stick to the eyes. 

When Rowe instinctively wiped away the food as if it was monitors and mice you could hear the crowd go "Awwww".

The slap is what is really going to get Charlotte in some hot water.   I mean after Kairi no sold the spear I don't know why Charlotte would think that she would sandbag her like that.  Haven't seen anything that suggest she has done that before.  And she is enough of a veteran to know something isn't right.   Hell Becky knew almost right away something was up. 

The ref really fucked it up but it seems like Kairi even concussed was too fast for him to tell Charlotte.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The slap is what is really going to get Charlotte in some hot water.   I mean after Kairi no sold the spear I don't know why Charlotte would think that she would sandbag her like that.  Haven't seen anything that suggest she has done that before.  And she is enough of a veteran to know something isn't right.   Hell Becky knew almost right away something was up. 

The ref really fucked it up but it seems like Kairi even concussed was too fast for him to tell Charlotte.  

Yeah, that slap REALLY pissed me off. Charlotte Flair should be in trouble.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5