DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs XI - 12/15/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Three matches got spoiled by local ads, but you know, CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE~

TABLES, LADDERS, AND CHAIRS MATCH FOR THE WWE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The Kabuki Warriors (c) vs. Becky Lynch/Charlotte Flair

TABLES MATCH: Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley

TABLES, LADDERS, AND CHAIRS MATCH: Roman Reigns vs. Baron Corbin

NON-TITLE MATCH: Bray Wyatt (WWE Universal Champion) vs. The Miz

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The New Day (c) vs. The Revival

OPEN CHALLENGE FOR THE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The Viking Raiders (c) vs. ???

Aleister Black vs Buddy Murphy

Note - If you don't use the Oxford Comma, ima ban you. 

• Like 3

The reports were/are that that first match listed is a TLC

The second one COULD be a TLC but also might end up being a different stip

That's how Meltzer wrote about it in the most recent WON so take it for what it is worth

On 12/4/2019 at 3:06 PM, Six String Orchestra said:

This show is not worthy of roman numerals in the title. 

I see it has also befallen the usual afterthought planning of no matches announced 2 weeks out.

McMahon’s new philosophy is that the PPV’s are all about network sign-ups, as opposed to the limited PPV business still being done. The belief based on patterns of sign-ups is that they are big the last day of the show, and not before. So unlike ticket sales, which come a month or more in advance, and PPV parties, which get arranged days if not a week plus out, the dynamic is completely different and there is no need to rush anything.

So, don't expect anything concrete until the day of the show!

For the record, it's fucking bizarre they're running a non-title match on a PPV. 

It really hurts no one to have the match be for the championship, especially when no one who's older than 8 believes the Miz has a prayer of winning. 

Also, the month delay is weird with Bryan unless he's legit hurt or they're building to a massive stip (title vs career?) at the Rumble. 

23 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For the record, it's fucking bizarre they're running a non-title match on a PPV. 

It really hurts no one to have the match be for the championship, especially when no one who's older than 8 believes the Miz has a prayer of winning. 

Also, the month delay is weird with Bryan unless he's legit hurt or they're building to a massive stip (title vs career?) at the Rumble. 

I'm thinking Bray Wyatt/The Miz is here so Daniel Bryan beats up Wyatt post match leading to Fiend/Bryan at the Royal Rumble. This is the first time we get Firefly Funhouse Bray in action, been waiting to see that.

This is what Dave wrote about Fiend/Bryan in the newest WON

The main event right now looks to be The Fiend vs. Daniel Bryan. Bryan has heavy involvement in his storyline and Fiend vs. Bryan is a direction planned and is currently on the books for this show, but there is said to be a chance that match will be held off and run later, and if so, Fiend vs. Miz will be used to get through the Bryan story if the idea is to tell more of a story to set up a match than you can over the next two weeks. Of course Miz makes no sense since they just had him do a promo talking about why people shouldn’t face Fiend because it ruins them, this coming after Miz told Bryan the opposite because for their children The Fiend had to be stopped. Poor guy must dread the new scripts.

I'm wondering if it's "Bray Wyatt" instead of "The Fiend" facing Miz to allow for Bryan to interfere on Miz's behalf and cause Bray to lose. Being "Bray Wyatt" in the match allows him more room to lose than as "The Fiend". Same as making this a non-title match. 

This is what kind of I wanted when The Fiend crushed Balor.

Build to a re-match where Balor comes out as the Demon but Bray Wyatt walks down the ramp, trying to apologize and make good. Demon crushes Wyatt.

Then we get a long build up to the Demon v Fiend at Mania.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah a quick glance through Cagematch and it looks like he has worked every PPV he was eligible to since being brought up

I guess it depends on the definition of "worked." I was asking about matches where he was one of the participants. Off the top of my head, he managed Ambrose vs RVD on the SummerSlam 2013 kickoff. I'd count that as not having a match. More recently, I don't think he wrestled at the 2017 Rumble. I'm probably forgetting a bunch of other stuff.

I guess my point is it's weird that he's not on this show since it feels like he's been on almost everything for a while now. 

I he's only managing AOP answering the open challenge on Sunday, I'll consider it mercy that he's not doing more. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I guess it depends on the definition of "worked." I was asking about matches where he was one of the participants. Off the top of my head, he managed Ambrose vs RVD on the SummerSlam 2013 kickoff. I'd count that as not having a match. More recently, I don't think he wrestled at the 2017 Rumble. I'm probably forgetting a bunch of other stuff.

I guess my point is it's weird that he's not on this show since it feels like he's been on almost everything for a while now. 

17 Rumble is probably the only one as you are right since he was "banned" (and then he got shoot injured the next night on RAW). They did have him appear the night before at Takeover though so he did still sorta work that weekend

On 12/9/2019 at 4:47 PM, MonteCarl said:

I'm wondering if it's "Bray Wyatt" instead of "The Fiend" facing Miz to allow for Bryan to interfere on Miz's behalf and cause Bray to lose. Being "Bray Wyatt" in the match allows him more room to lose than as "The Fiend". Same as making this a non-title match. 

Well, that's sorta built in with the whole Max Cady Hurt / Heal gimmick built into The Fiend.  Bray could lose the match because he decided to listen to the Heal hand instead of the Hurt hand.

On 12/9/2019 at 9:57 PM, L_W_P said:

This is what kind of I wanted when The Fiend crushed Balor.

Build to a re-match where Balor comes out as the Demon but Bray Wyatt walks down the ramp, trying to apologize and make good. Demon crushes Wyatt.

Then we get a long build up to the Demon v Fiend at Mania.

It's a long way to WM, but with Balor running heel in NXT I think that feud has already been blown off.