DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2019

Brian Fowler

Weird random idea: could they take that situation with the Creeper missing punches and do a storyline where it was actually a babyface who infiltrated the group to sabotage them and obviously didn't want to really punch Dustin? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

Weird random idea: could they take that situation with the Creeper missing punches and do a storyline where it was actually a babyface who infiltrated the group to sabotage them and obviously didn't want to really punch Dustin? 

On last week's BTE they show somebody throwing a Creeper mask into the trash.  Can't remember if they all had the same color or if it was just the two new guys.  But if it checks out then that would a pretty neat development.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AxB said:

They've announced that Cody has hired Arn Anderson to be his Head Coach for the 2020 season. Ummm... legit sports feel~!

His brother “hired” him back in 94 to fight the Studd Stable. He should ask Dustin how that worked out for him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Let's give a great promo guy to a guy who cuts maybe the best promos in the company when you have a company full of guys who can't cut promos.

Sounds smart.

• Like 1

People here got mad when a great promo manager (Tully) went to an eh promo guy (Spears). If Arn were to manage almost anyone else on the roster it would lead to eye rolling. At least the Rhodes and Anderson have history together that could build off of. Plus, I like the idea of promos of Arn, Cody, and maybe even Schiavone in a limo together or Cody doing a stairs machine while Arn is standing behind him. 

• Like 1

Yeah, if Arn's going to be a manager, he's not really going to fit with Private Party or Darby Allin, is he? Jimmy Havoc managed by Arn Anderson? No.

On the other hand, if it's a big conspiracy and he's the power behind the throne for the Dark Order or something, that would be acceptable.

Or if the "Hangman Page is drunk all the time" angle was leading to him going heel with Arn at some point, that works.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

Babyface managers suck. Add that to Arn tormenting Cody's father and turning heel on his brother, how the fuck do you explain the logic in taking him on as your manager? 

Only way this is redeemable is if Cody turns heel by eviscerating Arn, and Arn's probably not medically cleared to take the ass kicking needed to get a Cody heel turn over to the AEW fanbase. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

People here got mad when a great promo manager (Tully) went to an eh promo guy (Spears). If Arn were to manage almost anyone else on the roster it would lead to eye rolling. At least the Rhodes and Anderson have history together that could build off of. Plus, I like the idea of promos of Arn, Cody, and maybe even Schiavone in a limo together or Cody doing a stairs machine while Arn is standing behind him. 

They were mad because they thought Spears was a midcarder (which dropping falls to Janella would confirm) and because they haven't had Tully talk enough. They also don't need Arn as a heel manager specifically because they have Tully on the payroll. Anyone Arn could manage would be served just as well by Tully so you're creating redundancy in that regard. Have Arn manage someone up and coming like Jungle Boy and you may have a relationship that could pay dividends. Or have Arn be the on air authority figure who interacts with Jericho or MJF and you also have something that could work on television like Regal works for NXT.

?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Yeah, if Arn's going to be a manager, he's not really going to fit with Private Party or Darby Allin, is he? Jimmy Havoc managed by Arn Anderson? No.

On the other hand, if it's a big conspiracy and he's the power behind the throne for the Dark Order or something, that would be acceptable.

Or if the "Hangman Page is drunk all the time" angle was leading to him going heel with Arn at some point, that works.

what they could do and it would actually make a bit of sense is, you put Arn with Joey Janella.  Arn tells him he needs to buckle down and be serious. Coaches him up against Speers.  Plus you get the added bonus of having Arn and Tully at ringside in opposing corners.  The promos leading up would be great, plus you build Janella and Speers in the process. 

• Like 2

I pray to all that is mighty that Double A does what is his god given right and beats up a Rhodes. 

If there is one engraved in stone wrestling lore - it's that the Anderson's and Funk's must always destroy The Rhodes. This is how it has always been, and how it should always be. 

I cant wait for that spinebuster.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/28/2019 at 7:25 AM, alstein said:

The whole scheduling thing with Kris- to me it's not that big of a deal.  The match gets delayed a week, people know why.  I mean, someone screwed up, but to me this is a minor screw-up and growing pains/part of the difficulty of folks with split loyalties.

It is minor and they could've easily pushed it back a week with a storyline explanation with either the eye or just her being an alien that boops but instead they spotlighted their mistake and their correction doesn't make any sense cause now Riho is being punished with having to defend against 3 opponents instead of just 1 including Baker who she already beat and who also just lost the number 1 contendership as well Nylalala being rewarded with a title match coming fresh out of suspension.

• Like 1

The Kris schedule thing isn't necessarily a big deal. Neither is one Creeper missing punches. Neither are the ref snafus when taken individually or the audio problems or the stop-start booking. It's all those things together that become worrisome and symptoms of a poor management structure. I've brought up 'growing pains' a few times in the past and to be honest I think the first calendar year of Dynamite will have more issues like this come up. When Nitro debuted, WCW had a lot of experience running TV already even if it wasn't in that format, but AEW is starting somewhat from scratch and while they've brought in experienced people it takes time to gel. My hope is this break will allow everyone to re-focus and iron out these minor distractions that take away from an overall good product.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 2:54 PM, Goodear said:

They were mad because they thought Spears was a midcarder (which dropping falls to Janella would confirm) and because they haven't had Tully talk enough. They also don't need Arn as a heel manager specifically because they have Tully on the payroll. Anyone Arn could manage would be served just as well by Tully so you're creating redundancy in that regard. Have Arn manage someone up and coming like Jungle Boy and you may have a relationship that could pay dividends. Or have Arn be the on air authority figure who interacts with Jericho or MJF and you also have something that could work on television like Regal works for NXT.

?

No thanks to Arn as an authority figure or anybody else playing an authority figure for that matter.  I feel very thankful to this promotion for understanding how passé and overused the authority figure is.  

Jungle Boy and Arn?  Sounds like something else you’d complain about and I’d agree with your complaint.

I’ll accept and likely enjoy aew’s decision to pair Arn and Cody.  Like he says....

18 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I pray to all that is mighty that Double A does what is his god given right and beats up a Rhodes. 

If there is one engraved in stone wrestling lore - it's that the Anderson's and Funk's must always destroy The Rhodes. This is how it has always been, and how it should always be. 

I cant wait for that spinebuster.

Simple and effective.  Bring on Arn’s new heel charge.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Godfrey said:

The Kris schedule thing isn't necessarily a big deal.

I also haven't seen it mentioned - there are Bar Wrestling shows on both the 31st and 1st, so I'm assuming that's where the miscommunication came in with someone confused over which show she was booked on.

Edited by CSC

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic