DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2019

Brian Fowler

TNT is in the business of selling their product. Do you think they're worried about a minority of nerds who follow ratings or viewership statistics? It's the same thing as box quotes for garbage movies and video games. 

I don't even give a shit when WWE promotes their stupid shit on their shows like when they point out how they were the most followed bullshit on social media or whatever and that's WWE promoting that shit, not USA or Fox. It's all just really silly.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2

Btw, I think I’m done with Marko Stunt. He’s just not good enough to make up for the lack of size. I enjoyed the way Jimmy Havoc sold for him on Dark a few weeks back, he wouldn’t go down totally on moves and looked more pissed off by Stunt than hurt, but dudes are selling for him as if he’s 6’ and it’s dumb. I’ll keep an open mind but he might be a bridge too far for my suspension of disbelief.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Btw, I think I’m done with Marko Stunt. He’s just not good enough to make up for the lack of size. I enjoyed the way Jimmy Havoc sold for him on Dark a few weeks back, he wouldn’t go down totally on moves and looked more pissed off by Stunt than hurt, but dudes are selling for him as if he’s 6’ and it’s dumb. I’ll keep an open mind but he might be a bridge too far for my suspension of disbelief.

I'd agree but then I saw a referee a few weeks ago on Impact with no legs give a competitor a retaliatory moonsault and, I mean, what State Athletic Commission would condone that?!?

The commercial is great. I like blood sports. Enough with the friendly ''we're not worrying about the other side'' bullshit. Some transparency is healthy.

Marko's problem isn't even his height, or his work, it's that he clearly hasn't bothered to make up for the lack of size like Jungle Boy has with packing on some muscle in the gym. Even Janela has lost 20lbs. Who in the locker room is going to tell him to get his shit together? If there's one pro from having a JBL type in the ranks of the company, is these dudes aren't getting away with looking like a bag of shit on television.

JBL got away with looking like a bag of shit in the ring for years. Only shaped up once Ron Simmons was fired and he had to singles.

Anyone else think it's funny that loads of AEW wrestlers are in visually better shape than they were a year ago, but Full Gear Challenge Adam Page seems to have the same physique he always did? Should have hired Iestyn Rees.

• Like 1

Totally inexcusable that AEW is still struggling with audio on Dynamite. 

Its killing their presentation. Visually AEW is good but the unbelievable poor audio is killing their brand. It’s becoming a joke. Tony Khan needs to start firing some people. 

The death of AEW comes at the hands of audio issues. 

Unbelievable. 

Ratings thoughts equals *fart sound.  This company has put on some of the best television wrestling I’ve ever seen.  I look forward to seeing it more than any show since twin peaks-the return.  The roster is fantastic and the booking has been overall excellent.  I have nothing to complain about.  

Further, I really hope they know to be more patient than the boo birds.  I think they do.  They came into an industry suffering a 15-20 year drought.  Establishing stars and a weekly show is gonna take more than two fucking months.  

Really looking forward to tonight’s excellent line-up.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AxB said:

JBL got away with looking like a bag of shit in the ring for years. Only shaped up once Ron Simmons was fired and he had to singles.

Without speaking regarding JBL's role in the locker room, I will say that if you're a certain size then you get more leeway when it comes to looking like shit. Which I think is perfectly reasonable in this business.

19 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Visually AEW is good but the unbelievable poor audio is killing their brand.

Holy hyperbole, Batman!

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

I know we're not supposed to comment during the show, but I'm sick and fucking tired of these audio problems. It fucking sucks. Get this shit figured out already! This is the 4th or 5th show on a row where the audio is all fucked up.

EDIT: Nevermind, sounds perfect now.

Edited by Craig H

Guest The Magnificent 7

Ya’ll just need to calm down and chill. This may be the Ambien Walrus speaking, but the problems will ne ironrd ou and I see nothing less than AEW retrieving the wrestling sword from the mountain. 

Did you now hard it is to spell Magnificent with the Ambien Walrus following you?

Let’s goooooo

I don't remember whom I discussed this with last month, but I tried to watch the Nov 20 episode on the TSN app, and it skips from the ring intros for Fenix vs Jackson right to midway through the Shida vs Baker match, just like the website did. Weird.

Edited by tbarrie

16 hours ago, AxB said:

Sounds fine live on Fite. And then fine again, two days later on ITV4. TNT problem?

That leads me to believe that the audio issues aren't on AEW's end.  There is, most likely, one audio feed going out.  If it's fine on one broadcast, that means it's fine coming out from it's source (AEW).  It would be bad on all of them if it was on their end.  The issue is on whoever is broadcasting it's end.

2 hours ago, Log said:

That leads me to believe that the audio issues aren't on AEW's end.  There is, most likely, one audio feed going out.  If it's fine on one broadcast, that means it's fine coming out from it's source (AEW).  It would be bad on all of them if it was on their end.  The issue is on whoever is broadcasting it's end.

Here's what I think...I noticed the audio issues pop up immediately with the Young Bucks pyro. Right when that went off the audio to everything but the announcers cut out and the levels for the announcers went way down. And then for the next 10 to 15 minutes you'd hear the ambient and crowd audio come back in only to cut back out or the levels would shoot way up for the announcers and then come back down. It finally sorted itself out by the end of the opening match.

I'm guessing the pyro caused one of their mixers or other equipment to malfunction and they scrambled to fix the problem or someone accidentally knocked some wires loose at that exact moment. And it seemingly was just for the TNT feed so it might have just been that equipment.

18 hours ago, Log said:

According to Alvarez the word from AEW was that one of the satellites for the TNT feed got messed up and they had to get that fixed.  So it doesn't sound like it's technically AEW's fault.  But that still doesn't absolve them of the various leveling issues they've had over the weeks from the ring to the crowd.  For all they say about wanting that crowd noise I was still saddened to not hear stuff loudly chanted/sung from Full Gear make it to to the PPV feed.

On 12/4/2019 at 8:08 PM, Flair’s Shadow said:

Totally inexcusable that AEW is still struggling with audio on Dynamite. 

Its killing their presentation. Visually AEW is good but the unbelievable poor audio is killing their brand. It’s becoming a joke. Tony Khan needs to start firing some people. 

The death of AEW comes at the hands of audio issues. 

Unbelievable. 

Does “The Shadow Know” this for sure though?

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Nice to hear management speak some truth: Rey Fenix is the best wrestler you (they) don't know about.  Excited for this talented young man's future run.  Cody is a great speaker in and out of the ring and very likeable in the press he does.  I love what AEW has produced thus far as a product.  More importantly tho, I am absolutely thrilled to see a company with concern for their talent enough to say NO, and enough already, to the insanely dangerous and taxing traditional house show schedule.  And to wear this fact on their sleeve like a point of pride is great to see and clearly deserved.     

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1